• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockfest 2009 completed items

IMHO we need a consensus on the reg fee and what it includes. The sooner we get the info posted, the more time folks have time to plan.

My vote based on Kraker's post: $20-25 includes 1 meal, raffle ticket, sticker. Add meal for over 12- $5, Stickers: $1 (stickers cost .65 ea.) Collect $$ at time of reg.

Well. Alan and I working on something for the registration. I'm waiting to hear back from the National BOD. What we're looking to do is take five bucks off the reg fee, if people register or re-register with the club. If the National BOD is going have their March Memebership drive. There could be a few more incentives for the individuals as well as the chapter. So when they know I'll post it up.

Right now I have it at $25 reg 2 raffle tickets, 1 meal, and 1 sticker. Addtional meals $10. Stickers $1. Collect at time of reg. I'm pretty firm on the $10 per extra meal. I crunched numbers last night. After seeing my numbers you'll agree with me.

Kraker, I would love to see numbers on the food. IMHO, the 10 per meal is high. Take my family for example, I have 3 kids my wife and I, we are already paying 2 entrance fees since we are bringing 2 jeeps, theres 50 bux. + 10 per extra meal is another 30 thats 80 bux??? I gotta tell ya, that is INSANELY high for a hotdog or hamburger and chips and beans. Thats almost my food budget for the entire weekend.
I know we need to make $$, I am all for it, but if we make it to expensive then people wont show up and then it defeats the purpose of growing the chapter also.

I would love to see the numbers on the food and stuff to see where we are at with that. You got my number and know u can call anytime. I work 2 full time jobs so it can be phone tag a bit but I always respond.

I would however like to get the $$ details hammered out this weekend so the masses can get used to the idea. I will be working late tonight AGAIN, but should be available for whatever this weekend.

Lata

I just had a "registration fee" moment. One of the original purposes for the reg fee was to ensure attendance... "blood on the table" was the phrase, so help cut down on "oh yeah, I'll be there!", then no showing and we're stuck wtih the food.

I'd like to put pre-registration back on the table for discussion.

Good day with Hunter Offroad and Absolute Offroad.

How would you like to handle the funds? That seems to be the biggest issue.

I didn't do the pre-reg because, It seemd I was the only one being proactive about my assignment. I would have liked to had it. I made decisions releative to statements made earlier. We can still change it. However, PayPal will eat 4% of fees transfered. If we do the pre-reg we're gonna have to come up with reg sheets. We will also have to erase info I posted in the event page. I don't want to do the pre-reg. It's too late. Changing the game during half time never works. Plus what if people decide they can't go? How are we going to refund the money. PayPal? (if so who's going to eat another 4%) No refund?

The food is covered. After we have all reg fees paid. Saturday while everyone is on the trail. I'm headed into town to get food. That will keep overstock at a minimum.

As far as food prices. As I told you this morning Brian. Our profit margin isn't that high. How do you want to restructure it? Will someone else come up with something?

I think there should be a mealless option for registration. If we make it to expensive people will just not show up.

As far as food, hot dogs are a buck a package of 8 for the cheap ones and I can get some of those on sale if needed.

OK... I reworked some numbers. Here is a revised registration plan.

$20 Per Rig... Includes 2 raffle tickets, and toilets.
or
$25 per rig.. Includes 1 meal, 2 raffle tickets, and toilets.

Addtional meals $5

Kids 12 and under eat free upto 2 meals per rig.

This is realistic if my numbers are correct. They are as follows.
Food Item Items/Single package Price/unit # of units Total items Total Price Comments
Burger Patties 24 $12.99 2 48 $25.98
Hot Dog Links 16 $6.99 2 32 $13.98
Lettuce 1 $1.30 4 4 $5.20 Guessing on lettuce to burger ratio
Onion 1 $1.49 5 5 $7.45 Assumes 1 onion = 1 Lb
Slaw/Salad 3Lb $5.00 3 3 $15.00
Ketchup 1 $2.50 2 2 $5.00
Mayo 1 $4.00 2 2 $8.00
Mustard 1 $2.70 2 2 $5.40
Relish 1 $1.50 2 2 $3.00
Dog Buns 8 $3.00 8 64 $24.00
Burger Buns 8 $1.80 7 56 $12.60
Cheese 16 $1.30 3 48 $3.90
Sausages 5 $6.50 4 20 $26.00
Charcoal 0 $0.00
Plates 0 $0.00
Napkins 0 $0.00
Utensils 0 $0.00
0 $0.00
Tax 8.25% $12.83
TOTAL $168.34

Event Cost per Person
Food & Drinks $168.34
Toilets $225.00
Total $393.34
Total/person (48) $8.19

These numbers can be adjusted. Prices are towards the high end. I did that on purpose. Expecting worse case scenario.

What needs to be taken into consideration. Is should we include free meals to kids to the rig that's not paying for food. I say no for obvious reasons.

The way this is setup. If 48 rigs brings 2 each kids and pays the $25 reg fee. We'll still make a profit of about $280. Not including $5 per extra meal. Our cost per meal is $3.5. So we will make $1.5 per meal. I still need to get prices on things, at the bottom of the list.

Last edited:
I am ok with this. Also keep in mind that the rockfest stickers have already been ordered and were intended to be included for the reg fee.

John, Jon, Alan, opinions?

Kraker, you've done a nice job with this. Thank you.

Since there were a couple of options at the top of Kraker's post I am "approving" $25 per rig (with meal), $5 per additional meal, 12 and under free. Sticker should be included in the reg fee. Stickers cost .65 per sticker. Additional stickers available for $1.00 ea. Keeps the math simple. $20 for reg with no meal. Any meals with no registration- $5.00. Do I have it right?

Hope I'm not complicating it more. I like the final outcome.

Let's get it posted so folks can plan.

I 2nd that and I am very happy with this. Once this is posted do u think we should post up a reminder in the chapter thread to go look at it?

Found this on one of the other Event threads:
We need a trail coordinator, trail leaders, tech inspector/s, welcome wagon, raffle coordinator, maybe a judge or judges for the sweat suit campfire dance contest? I’m sure I’ve left something out, so speak up or PM me

hey boys and KRAKER, how are things looking for raffle prizes?
I was hoping to get a list together of what we have to help get people excited about giving up there $$

Lata

All I got is what I posted earlier. I got National to send us some stuff. I don't know what it is until I talk to Jump This. For whatever reason they sent our prizes to him. He's gonna call me and let me know what they are when he gets the packages. I hear there is some gear setsb in there though.

Back