• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rockfest 2009 completed items

OddBallXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I wanted to create a thread that would organize all the efforts into a single post. I will update the #1 post as I receive the information. We need to get these items resolved. Time is growing near. We are all busy so time is going to run out quickly. Not all the items below are confirmed or finalized. Make suggestions. Items in RED are confirmed.
51 days from today (2/3/09)

Dates: Thu 3/26-29/09.
Where: Florence Junction
--$20 per rig will include: 1 meal, 2 raffle tickets, 1 sticker
----additional stickers will be available for minimal fee
----additional meals for 12yoa and older: $5 (max of $10 per family)
food: hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, mac/potato salad, chips
Registration will include a veh inspection based on NAXJA equipment regs
Camping Spot- has been identified. N33.10510 W111.22266
Port-a-johns: Reserved
Stickers: Done click on link to see design https://www.stickerjunkie.com/admin1.php?mom1%5Fquantity%5Fback=100%20STICKERS&datastore=35525369&globalmom=1&adminlines=1
-----------$65 owed to John P from AZ Chapter
Banner: Alanzona working on it
Tshirts: Not this year
Trails: to be determined based on leaders and desired trails by event goers

Sponsors:
CRok
Ballistic Fab
Farmer John- confirmed (pistachios)
Desert Fab
Absolute Offroad
Hunter Offroad
4wheelers supply
Protofab
Absolute Offroad
Adrenaline Fabworks- 2 items: Labor to install gears, Labor to install locker. Work to be done in Marana
x*bigassalex*j (alex) $100 gift cert to polyperformance
OR-Fab

Last edited:
updated

I need some input on the subject of a registration fee. We Need To Make A Final Decision ASAP.

I need comments.
$20 per vehicle, per family, per person, max amount for family, honor system, etc?

Last edited:
updated

I need some input on the subject of a registration fee. We Need To Make A Final Decision ASAP.

I need comments.
$20 per vehicle, per family, per person, max amount for family, honor system, etc?

I vote for $25 per vehicle, includes meal ticket, sticker, registration, inspection, and a raffle ticket. Additional fee for just meal and/or additional meal tickets per vehicle. Reg fee covers all four days.

Just to put this in perspective- someone with 2 rigs (husband/wife) and a 13 yoa child will be paying $60 for dinner, 2 stickers, and 2 raffle tickets. That sounds pretty steep to me.

But this is why I wanted some input for discussion

I see that. I know that. We're putting on this event to make money. People who come to the different NAXJA events are acustomed to paying that amount. I know none of the arizona chapter ever ventures outside. I do. I was appointed to this position to organize this event. One of the points to holding a national event is to raise money for the chapter. Thats what I'm trying to do. I do not benefit monetarily from this. The club does. If the chapter doesn't raise any money. Whats the point in even putting on our national event?

It would be different if this were a informal run where we're just getting together. But, we are not doing that. One of the biggest reasons to organize a national event is to raise chapter money. I am a volunteer to this position. My time is worth something. My time and effort is to make the club self sufficient and profitable. All of the national BOD I have spoken with agree with. From Rick/Jump This, Goatman/Richard Gauthier, and Gseqouia/Geoff Seqouia. All people who have put on very sucessful events. Agree with my program.

No input is needed. I am the Event Director/Coordinator. This is my Show. This is not a democracy. This is work. That is what I am doing.

Kraker, did I touch a nerve???? Didn't mean to fire you up that way. I know we've been having this discussion for a while. Come over and have a beer and relax. :cheers:

Everyone has one. Maybe your input would have been taken into consideration if you ever returned a phone call. Or even took initiative for anything.

You didn't need to go there, buddy. Last time I checked we were all on the same team.

Now that I'm back in town, I can re-engage and assist. I'm looking forward to helping market this and drive turn out, plus work with helping get sponsors and donations. I've got the AZRockfest.com website up and just need details to complete it, which is what we're discussing. Sponsors, finalized prices and details, then rock and roll.

I agree with you about making this a significant event that has national status and not some weekend wheelin' where a few folks get together like any other weekend.

Thanks for taking care of the permits and the shitters.

We can we connect via phone again?

(and I don't know you well enough to know if you were being sarcastic, or an asshole, so I apologize if I took it wrong. If I took it right, then let's get over it and move on)

What has been discussed? This is your job and mine. You never return a call. I didn't even know you were out of town. You don't communicate. It appears to me you are just sitting back and doing nothing. The only input you have given is the purchase of a domain name. Beside shaking some pom poms. I'm not even sure if we can use the site under National By-laws. I have Alex helping me cause It seemed you went awol

So we can get back on the same page. What are you doing?

You have my number

Cool, man.

(but I'm good a shaking Pom Pom, by the way... and once we get the details hammered out, we'll need to drive interest, espeically with a registration fee. It's all good.)

Let's discuss the details of each day, who's doing what sponsor, and where that letter is you have. I'm all for Alex and whomever else we can get involved, involved. The focus is the event.

I get off at 5:30. I'll call you then.

Sorry I didn't call you before my business trip. My bad and I'll stay in better communication.

Last edited:
I'm working on

Ballistic fab
Protofab
desert fab
crossed up
c-rok.
desert rat

Pick some. If you want some off my plate you're welcome to it. I abondoned the letter. People I have spoken to said its best to call. Then if needed or requested, send them Club info.
I'll post it up later today or tomorrow.

I'll add Absolute Offroad and Hunter Offroad to the list (seeing Joe early next week anyway,and John's always up to get involved) and pick up Desert Rat and Protofab (unless you already have contacts there).

From a Calendar perspective, I'd like to really make Saturday and Sunday family oriented as well, to bring out new folks, not just the hard core. (of course, having the wireless for the laptops so we can webcam the event as well as having registration stations... in the spirit of making money for the chapter, the registration drive will help. There are a lot of black names on the board...)

I'll also handle the banner and printing needs. We'll line up the sponsors and have them built into the banner design.

Any thoughts to them having a presence out there on the Saturday or Sunday (sponsor a ramp contest, build/welding workshops, or a poker run, or something of that sort...) where they are out there as well as sponsoring? I know the camp site is moved for permit reasons, but can they be onsite without a permit, or do they set up near camp, etc...

Also, to address the "a meal ticket, a sticker, and a single raffle ticket" point, do we want to increase the number of raffle tickets to 5 or 10? I think the more that get in, the more that will buy additional tickets to increase their odds.

Can we pre-sell raffle tickets using Pay-pal? When it comes to the registration fee, how are we handling that? If the BOD doesn't have an issue with the single event website (where the schedule, sponsors, registration, maps, and photos can be posted) we can drive registration through that and have the Pay-Pal link with the registration form there. If they need BLM permits individually, my thought was to have that link there too. A one stop place for all the details, links, and event info. Does the national BOD have to approve that?

food for thought.

one more thing - Brian/Johns... can we get a registration list for AZ memeber to work on blast e-mails and/or group PM's to help promote the event?

Last edited:
Glad to see I lit a fire under your ass. Yes, go ahead and atake care of Hunter, Absolute and Protofab. I already have Desert Rat onboard.

I'm not to worried about predetermining the trail rides. Mostly because we don't know everyones build level or driving style. However, we should let people know we have a bunny run. (I was thinkning completely dependant on attendees.) We could do a poker run or geocahe run for the easy scenice run. That would make it more kid friendly. it also would keep everyone couped up in their rigs all day long. I was thinking about hiting up virgil to see if he might be intersted in putting on one of his workshops for free.

As for the record keeping. I was going to do it as follows. At time of registraiton. Give registrants two raffle tickets from one roll of tickets. From another roll of tickets write the number of dinners the have paid for and initial. then take that ticket and tape it to their windsheild which will also show their vehicle passed inspection, and they've paid all fees. The mate to their ticket will be kept by us for records e.g. amount of dinners, raffle tickets recieved. Staple their ticket to their release form. That if need be we can verify any money disputes.

I didn't do the a pre-reg through paypay because they eat 4%. BLM permits are not needed. individual permits are not needed either. As far as approval senior AZRKRNR has to propose it to national. I really don't want to edit any info we've let the public know. It doesn't look good when you do that.

Here is what i sent to Desert Rat

NAXJA is a nation wide make/model club, Specific to the offroad community. With a member base of 3000 paid members and 10,000 forum users. We are one of the largest model specific clubs in the U.S.A. Additional information can be found at www.naxja.org .
The Arizona chapter is hosting a national event. The event will be held in Florence Junction, Az. Additional info can be found here http://naxja.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224 . Attendees will be coming from as far as Canada, to see what Az wheeling is about. We expect 30-50 rigs with attendance up to 120 people. At our event will be hosting a Saturday night dinner and chance drawing. All profits will be going to organizations and projects to help keep Arizona trails open and clean.
I am contacting your organization to inquire, if your company may be interested in donating to our event. In exchange for a donations. We can offer free advertisement. As well as a chance to show the 4x4 commmunity you care about our sport. With your help we can help keep open the places we love to wheel. If you would like to speak further feel free to contact me.

John "KRAKER" Garrison
480 371 6011

I'll add Absolute Offroad and Hunter Offroad to the list (seeing Joe early next week anyway,and John's always up to get involved) and pick up Desert Rat and Protofab (unless you already have contacts there).

From a Calendar perspective, I'd like to really make Saturday and Sunday family oriented as well, to bring out new folks, not just the hard core. (of course, having the wireless for the laptops so we can webcam the event as well as having registration stations... in the spirit of making money for the chapter, the registration drive will help. There are a lot of black names on the board...)

I'll also handle the banner and printing needs. We'll line up the sponsors and have them built into the banner design.

Any thoughts to them having a presence out there on the Saturday or Sunday (sponsor a ramp contest, build/welding workshops, or a poker run, or something of that sort...) where they are out there as well as sponsoring? I know the camp site is moved for permit reasons, but can they be onsite without a permit, or do they set up near camp, etc...

Also, to address the "a meal ticket, a sticker, and a single raffle ticket" point, do we want to increase the number of raffle tickets to 5 or 10? I think the more that get in, the more that will buy additional tickets to increase their odds.

Can we pre-sell raffle tickets using Pay-pal? When it comes to the registration fee, how are we handling that? If the BOD doesn't have an issue with the single event website (where the schedule, sponsors, registration, maps, and photos can be posted) we can drive registration through that and have the Pay-Pal link with the registration form there. If they need BLM permits individually, my thought was to have that link there too. A one stop place for all the details, links, and event info. Does the national BOD have to approve that?

food for thought.

one more thing - Brian/Johns... can we get a registration list for AZ memeber to work on blast e-mails and/or group PM's to help promote the event?

I have had some face time with the owner of Protofab and there shop to is not too far from my house. If you all want I will contact them again as I did last year. Has anyone contacted OR-Fab out of Chino Valley? I think one of the company’s employees is an AZ member. I can send the PM if needed. Work is down to 45 hours a week so I have a normal life again and can start helping. It only took 7 years.

Back