• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rock sliders vs rock rails

Call AJ, and order some rock rails. Honestly installing those rock rails was the best investment into my heep that I have ever made. First think anyone should do to an xj is install rock rails, and for the price you can't beat AJ's.

razorbackxj said:
Thanks AJ, I will pm you a picture and also for the slider info. I know the brush guard is really useless and would not hold up to trail use I just kinda liked the way it looked. I quess the best thing to do is just go with a new bumper. Something with simple lines that is made for a winch. I see you make front bumpers too but I can't get the link to work , where can I see one?
Site isn't finished yet with the updates. I'll upload a few pics today to my Forum as a temp solution. Sorry about that. Just remember I don't do cookie cutter bumpers, you tell me what I want and that's what I'd make. Well, unless it's unsafe or weak.

AJ, a couple of questions for you:

On your Super RockRails, is the outer tube strong enough to use a high lift jack on it?

Are there any benefits to getting the 3/4" main tube tuck (Super RockRails)?

Thanks!

Tom R. said:
AJ, a couple of questions for you:

On your Super RockRails, is the outer tube strong enough to use a high lift jack on it?

Are there any benefits to getting the 3/4" main tube tuck (Super RockRails)?

Thanks!

AJRails1.jpg

All the rockrails are strong enough to use a hi-lift jack on. I had one guy use it as a winch point when it got stuck in a really bad spot and had to be pulled out sideway...eeeek...it worked but I would never recommend that.

Getting the rails tucked in is more a personal preference with aesthetics more than anything else. It might help you avoid rubbing your pant leg on the outer tube as you get out a little bit. I know that's not a problem with the rockrails whose tubes are angled up, but....there are definitely pluses to having them horizontal. Work good as a step and well, pictures say a lot more than words.:D
rockrail1.jpg

saved.jpg

savedd.jpg

i dont think you can go wrong with JCR or AJ i have not heard a bad thing about either, nothing but rave reviews for years for both shops. The big companies cant beat their value or service. Pick which ever design ya like best and price ya like and im sure youll be happy for years. Jcr does have a great warranty, you break it they fix it or replace it, no fine print warranty. PRETTY HARD TO BEAT THAT.

motorcityxj said:
i dont think you can go wrong with JCR or AJ i have not heard a bad thing about either, nothing but rave reviews for years for both shops. The big companies cant beat their value or service. Pick which ever design ya like best and price ya like and im sure youll be happy for years. Jcr does have a great warranty, you break it they fix it or replace it, no fine print warranty. PRETTY HARD TO BEAT THAT.

That actually prompted me to do the same, lifetime warranty on everything. It's a really good idea. Eventhough they're technically my competition, I'm glad it's them rather than some big bankroll company. Down to earth and I hope sometime this coming year we'll meet up at one of the events.

I think when a company will stand behind a part that is made to take abuse says a lot.
I'll need them soon Rubicon isn't far from home

AJsArmor said:
That actually prompted me to do the same, lifetime warranty on everything. It's a really good idea. Eventhough they're technically my competition, I'm glad it's them rather than some big bankroll company. Down to earth and I hope sometime this coming year we'll meet up at one of the events.

ohh i hadnt checked out your site in a while aj i didnt know. Like i said you cant go wrong with aj or jcr, and now aj has a no fine print warranty also. Gotta love capitalism and the american small businessman !! :us: :cheers:

thats what i like to see. consumer requests and companys actualy taking care of their customers driving the market. capitolism at its best!

Back