• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock lights wiring

Jeepguy91

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I am getting ready to install some rock lights under my jeep and have a question for those of you that have put rock lights on. How did you route your wires for your lights? Did you run them right along the frame rail or did you do something else with them? Just trying to figure out the best way so that the wires don't get caught on the trail.

Thanks,
Ben

On mine i did them thru the rails.On the wife's i didn't, i just tied them to the lines on the driver side of the jeep and crossed over the rear on top by the shocks. See only has them front and rear as i have them in the middle too.

HTH

Not at all.I did it by myself. I use bailing wire to push thru the frame for a fish tape and tied my wires to it and pulled slowly.Most of my time was spent wiring up all the lights.

Don't forget to run them on relays.

I have stiffners so I couldnt' run them through the frame. My FitchBox is in the rear Pass corner, so I put a grommet in the cut-n-fold panel, and ran one section along the frame rails through an additional hole in the mounting plate of my sliders. Around the front fenders they enter a whole in the inner fender and run inside the engine bay, only popping out into the fender for the actual light, then back in.

the other section ran along the rear bumper mounts (rigidco rear bump) and up the same way.

Nope no stiffeners.

They are all tiny led lights. What would be the best way to wire them up properly onto a relay.

It wouldn't hurt too. I didn't cause i was to lazy at the time, but i plan on it later.I have used them now for about 20 hours and had no problems yet.

Back