• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rock Krawler 3 link

wow, those are some strong fenders!

herreraxto said:
Where can i get the stupid grease fittings i when to 3 diferent auto parts stores and they dont carry that size

i'm gonna go down to the local screw store, they've always had what i wanted. plus i'm thinking about gettings some 90* fittings for the lowers on the frame side.

nothin special? if a "fender" can hold the weight of the left front for your rig, i would say they are some what special...
az4wheeler2002 said:
their nothin special, just poison spyder tube fenders, to be honest I was alittle worried to climb on them at first, but it worked out in the end

mack said:
nothin special? if a "fender" can hold the weight of the left front for your rig, i would say they are some what special...

ya but the jeep is all flexed out, the fender isn't actually holding up that much weight with the majority of the weight being shifted to the passengerside centerline of the wheel

ok...never mind.

Here's a pic of a Jeep with that kit, that I was behind all day.

is.php

Anyone interested may want to try NiagaraPerformance.com give them a call for better pricing too. Direct drop shipments from RockKrawler, he's in the process of getting hooked up with Claytons too. Call and ask for Eric, He'll hook you up on a great deal, and you'll have it fast. They are big into the Diesel performance stuff too, and they are always adding new lines, he just got ARB and Aussie signed on. They have that Edge Trailjammer kit that is supposed to be pretty nice too.

how come EVERYTIME a RK thread come up, it turns into a vendors commercial????

shimmy said:
i'm gonna go down to the local screw store, they've always had what i wanted. plus i'm thinking about gettings some 90* fittings for the lowers on the frame side.
I had a hell of a time finding replacement fittings. The threads are 10-32, so they're pretty darn rare. I switched over to needle type fittings after tracking down some with the correct threads...

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=66338

The needle fittings look like these...(borrowed pic from stu's site)

ds-23.jpg

Let me know if you want some, since I bought a box of 10 and only used 4. I'll sell them to you for an even split, $17 for the box of 10, so $1.70/each plus shipping.

If you want stock replacements, Alemite is the only manufacturer I've found that makes normal grease fittings with 10-32 threads. I'm guessing RK gets fittings from them.

3016.jpg

I wouldn't recommend using a grease zirk without a ball check for bushings/bearings.

matt6669 said:
If anyone has any other questions I will be more than happy to answer them.

I've talked to a couple people about this, but I figured a few more opinions can't hurt. My biggest concern is with how my xj would ride on the street with the RK LA upgrade, and on the freeway since it's my dd. I like to take road trips and I don't want a scary handling jeep. It seems like the kit flexes well, and works well off road, so I'm not really concerned there, just would like to hear peoples opinions and experiences with it's on road manners. Thanks guys.

longarms are the only way to go for lifted jeeps on the road. I have radius longarms with~9", its my DD, rides just as good as stock IMO. altho its not the 3 link nor RK, i HTH.

i have the rk 6.5 la. i love the way it rides on road. it rides almost as well as stock. i do feel bumps more than stock but that is mainly due to the metal joints instead of rubber type bushing. it has made a trip to moab from abq, nm. it is still my daily driver and i have no issues or worries about taking it on a road trip.

Craig

skyjackedxj96 said:
longarms are the only way to go for lifted jeeps on the road. I have radius longarms with~9", its my DD, rides just as good as stock IMO. altho its not the 3 link nor RK, i HTH.

Yea, I realized that very quickly after I installed my Rusty's 4.5"...with arms that are stock length, the ride quality is aweful. The geometry is all off, and It dosen't flex at all. Knowing what I know now, I would never have gone with anything over 3.5" on a short arm. I should have just ponied up the cash and done it right the first time.... but you live and you learn I guess. Thanks for the help.

crasy1_69 said:
i have the rk 6.5 la. i love the way it rides on road. it rides almost as well as stock. i do feel bumps more than stock but that is mainly due to the metal joints instead of rubber type bushing. it has made a trip to moab from abq, nm. it is still my daily driver and i have no issues or worries about taking it on a road trip.

Craig
I'd have to agree. I always drive over this section the Jersey Turnpike that's under construction with huge angled expansion joints. I hit them at 70-75 mph and experience nothing weird, like death wobble, so the joints must be holding everything nice and tight. Feeling the bumps is the downside. The roads here are terrible with snow plowing, hot summers, and lots of semi-trucks. I sometimes feel like I'm on one of those chassis shaker test stands they use to test cars when I go on long road trips.

Back