• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RO-Fab Rockslider bumper

hot_rod_hooligans said:
Mine bolted up just fine with the exception for the 3 bolt holes for the old bumper bracket on the drivers side, thats just because of the damage from the Chrysler that got in my way, fit like a glove otherwise. Only complaint is I was missing a few nuts to completely bolt the end pieces to the center section, just going to drill the holes a little bigger and use the 1/2 bolts instead, have a few of those left over.

Mine bolted up fine as well, but I also had the missing bolts problem. It has held up just fine for me.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
you mean here and here?
l_b0da49d1f4f68d687d6217f478eb90-1.jpg

Yes that is where they are located.

Yeah shackles, grill guard hoop, and lights are next on the list. Also plan on pulling the whole thing off and spraying the core support flat black, help blend it all in a little better.

Last edited:
It looks OK but I would weld the three pieces together and not trust just the bolts (in case another Chrysler crosses your path) that would make a more solid bumper. Yes a color matched core support will improve the look too.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
ARB or Warn was my first pick, but this was about half the cost, and it serves it's purpose. Just don't see dropping $750-800 on a bumper right now, maybe down the line sometime.

oh i agree as you see i do not have a arb or warn and if i do get one it will be used

mikeforte said:
It looks OK but I would weld the three pieces together and not trust just the bolts (in case another Chrysler crosses your path) that would make a more solid bumper. Yes a color matched core support will improve the look too.
I still like the ability to remove them for better approach angle, besides if i hit anything that 5- 1/2" bolts can't handle, I'm gonna have frame damage.

love mine needs a winch now though. cant pick... smittybuilt or pay the extra for a M8000. mine bolted right up does a great job and i like the d ring mounts

I've got the smittybilt and while it's still sitting in the box it LOOKS like an excellent winch. Now we all know that the M8000 IS going to be a better winch but I feel like the Smittybilt winch is good for the money...

yeah the warranty is decent! Its a 1 year limited warranty... the limit basically is that you aren't allowed to exceed moving 8k. Like a house. bla bla bla... not really sure on the HP.

hot_rod_hooligans said:
I still like the ability to remove them for better approach angle, besides if i hit anything that 5- 1/2" bolts can't handle, I'm gonna have frame damage.
Thats the 2nd time you mentioned that,RLMFAO!"Lets see,I come up on a boulder and Im starting to drag on my bumper,No Wait,I can remove a piece of my bumper and drag on the fender,SWEET".Lets see it with a hi-lift under the wings with the oppisite side maxxed,I think not!

Look at it this way... if you need to use your winch for basic recovery then buy the Smitybilt. If you need to use your winch to win a race then buy the Warn. The smitybilt is rather sloooooow.... but It's still gunna pull jsut as hard as the warn and still half the price. When I go wheelin and get stuck it usually takes me several hours to get unstuck so I'm obviously in no hurry. The Warn winch (while out of my price range anyway) just wasn't worth the extra money. but at the same time if you have the money I would suggest getting the Warn. Hmmm Decisions decisions.

Just to throw another hat in the ring, MileMarker is what I selected and before someone else says it YES it is slow but it never has overheated and it is 12,000 pounds pull for less than $550 to my door. I also got a swell cap too! ! !

yeah, but if im going going to go over 500 ill get the warn plus i dont like the plastic lever for free spooling on the MM (i dont know if the 12k has it the smaller ones do)

Back