• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Riots in France?

Vertisce

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody else think that whats going on in France right now is a bunch of horse****? I mean seriously...they didnt even have a hurricane or earthquake or nothing...couple of kids died because they were trying to break the law. So...why the riots? I just saw it on the news and I cannot fathom why people are doing this. Maybe its cool? Gotta jump on the bandwagon while the fad is still hot? Wasnt it France that refuses to not help with the war on terrorism? Maybe this is what they get for being turds.

Seriously...anybody know what the hell is going on over there and why?

And who wants to place some bets on how much this will raise our gas prices in the US? Im betting on prices being as high as 3.50 a gallon by the end of the week.

Vertisce said:
Does anybody else think that whats going on in France right now is a bunch of horse****? I mean seriously...they didnt even have a hurricane or earthquake or nothing...couple of kids died because they were trying to break the law. So...why the riots? I just saw it on the news and I cannot fathom why people are doing this. Maybe its cool? Gotta jump on the bandwagon while the fad is still hot? Wasnt it France that refuses to not help with the war on terrorism? Maybe this is what they get for being turds.

And who wants to place some bets on how much this will raise our gas prices in the US? Im betting on prices being as high as 3.50 a gallon by the end of the week.

Why would our gas prices increase? Furtures on crude oil have leveled out. They are actually going down and there is no reason for them to rise.

As far as France is concerned, oh well, let them take care of themselves.

It's France.. we should care HOW?

J/k...:D

wait, no I'm not.. :kissyou:

Vertisce said:

From what I understand, the problem is caused by a few factors. First of all, France has maintained a lax immigration policy for many years. The folks coming in are largely Muslim and mainly Algerian (who may hold some negative views towards the French from the colonial era) and they have not assimilated into French culture at all. Add to this, the French tend to be a little culturally arrogant and made little effort to actually include these recent arrivals in their community at large. Economic conditions in France pretty well suck right now, and their national economy is straining under the burden of providing overly generous compensation for the unemployed.
The immigrants have created ethnocentric suburbs that are not regularly policed and have become cess pools of unemployment and crime. As I said, they are mainly Muslim and like we are seeing all over the globe, large populations of Muslims seem to fall easily into the Islamo-Fascist mold and want to remake wherever they live into Mecca or Medina or something. The only reaction to adversity that the French have been able to muster for the last 75 years is capitulation; they are not equipped socially, culturally, or logistically to actually defend themselves against aggressor foreign or domestic.

Left leaners in the U.S. need to look closely at this situation; many of the economic and foreign relation policies they espouse are remarkably similar to what France has in practice.

0313 said:
I sensed no sarcasm in your post.

Sarcasm can usually be accompanied with a :D or something similar.
Yeah im used to having a list of smileys to choose from on the left side of the message box...and im so incredibly lazy that I cant type out a : and a D. :D

RKBA said:
From what I understand, the problem is caused by a few factors. First of all, France has maintained a lax immigration policy for many years. The folks coming in are largely Muslim and mainly Algerian (who may hold some negative views towards the French from the colonial era) and they have not assimilated into French culture at all. Add to this, the French tend to be a little culturally arrogant and made little effort to actually include these recent arrivals in their community at large. Economic conditions in France pretty well suck right now, and their national economy is straining under the burden of providing overly generous compensation for the unemployed.
The immigrants have created ethnocentric suburbs that are not regularly policed and have become cess pools of unemployment and crime. As I said, they are mainly Muslim and like we are seeing all over the globe, large populations of Muslims seem to fall easily into the Islamo-Fascist mold and want to remake wherever they live into Mecca or Medina or something. The only reaction to adversity that the French have been able to muster for the last 75 years is capitulation; they are not equipped socially, culturally, or logistically to actually defend themselves against aggressor foreign or domestic.

Left leaners in the U.S. need to look closely at this situation; many of the economic and foreign relation policies they espouse are remarkably similar to what France has in practice.

Well said! One thing you left out is the fundamentalist militants egging them on. One leadership technique, is to figure out which way the crowd is moving and then run to the front.
One thing people forget, is the whole fundamentalist movement in Iran, was instigated by Iranian Mullahs and Iatollas, that were run out of Iran by the Shah (into France) for being subversives.

RKBA said:
the French tend to be a little culturally arrogant and made little effort to actually include these recent arrivals in their community at large.

Well there's the pot calling the kettle black. :D

--ron

Captain Ron said:
Well there's the pot calling the kettle black. :D

--ron

I thought that it was now required to call the kettle african-cookware?

I know the United States is always accused of being rascist, bigots, etc. by Europeans and domestic left-leaners. I am convinced that the U.S.,Canada, and Australia are probably the most immigrant accomodating places in the world. Many nation-states I have visited that are traditionally ethnically homogenous are far less accepting of others, regardless of what CNN might insinuate.
Recent tensions between ethnic groups in the Baltic and Middle East greatly eclipse any cultural assimilation issues we may have in North America today. We (as various groups in America) tend to "keep to our own" sometimes, but I can not think of any recent examples of wholesale genocide in America. Even during the period of reconstruction when economically disaffected white Americans were scapgoating, terrorizing, and even murdering individual blacks, there was no serious effort to wholesale slaughter every living member of the group. American Indians, on the other hand were subject to U.S. actions in the late 1800s that we would now call "ethnic cleansing," but those behaviors and actions are well over one hundred years in our past. Supreme Court decisions and public policy since the 1980s have worked to reaffirm tribal autonomy indicating that we have at some level learned from past mistakes.

RKBA said:
I know the United States is always accused of being rascist, bigots, etc. by Europeans and domestic left-leaners.

That's not where I was going. As relates to culture and arrogance, the US is tops. Bar none.

It's our single largest export, and impact, on the entire planet. It's an export that at a fundamental level, we go to war to export.

We will stop at nothing to convert the entire planet to our way of thinking and the culture that comes with it. How's that for arrogance?

It's down right embarrassing watching US tourists in different cultures sometimes. Worse, closely examine the numereo uno Fundamentalist Islamic cause for hatred of the West (The US...).

Need me to clarify it for those that don't listen, or get it?

France has nothing on us, not even close.

--ron

Captain Ron said:
That's not where I was going. As relates to culture and arrogance, the US is tops. Bar none.

It's our single largest export, and impact, on the entire planet. It's an export that at a fundamental level, we go to war to export.

We will stop at nothing to convert the entire planet to our way of thinking and the culture that comes with it. How's that for arrogance?

It's down right embarrassing watching US tourists in different cultures sometimes. Worse, closely examine the numereo uno Fundamentalist Islamic cause for hatred of the West (The US...).

--ron

Hey Ron,

Very interesting - I think you are hinting around at the McWorld Thesis that Benjamin Barber espouses. The export of Western and particularly American culture is an interesting phenomenon.
I disagree with you contention that we, "stop at nothing to convert the entire planet." Global culturization is not a new phenomenon, and quite frankly not even relegated to the west. Around 1000 AD, paper, the printing press, the crossbow, gunpowder, and the suspension bridge were the latest in technology that rapidly spread across the globe and impacted every major cultural group. Who invented these things? The Chinese. The spread of higher mathematics throughout the world began in the Middle East. I doubt that we would argue that the Arabs work in creating Algebra was the height of cultural arrogance.
To insinuate that westernization is being forced onto others is really not a very accurate statement. In India, the massive telephone call centers have given young people access to disposable income. They throng to Bangalore in order to apply for these jobs that will give them the financial abililty to escape the caste system there. By "westernizing" themselves, young Indian women are beginning to choose who to marry and what life course they will take. India is also home to the world's second most prolific movie industry. Hollywood is not creating an outreach program, but actually being emulated abroad by local artists. Our cultural exportation is a welcome product in some parts of the world.
With the birth of the Information Age, it is impossible to contain ideas as it was in decades past. Our ideas, culture, economics, and politics are sure to reach foreign shores whether we encourage it or not. As far as the Islamo-Fascist anti-U.S. campaigns; well if they don't like our culture then don't make a profit on oil sales to the West and then use it to purchase physical and intellectual property from us. That line is their own propaganda BS in order to fire up the radicals. If the Middle East actually HAD a modern functional cultural and economic lifestyle they would not have the time to worry about what we are doing on our side of the pond. Most Americans could care less if they [Muslims] want to live in the 12th Century; we just don't want to pay $3.50 a gallon for gasoline because they control a major portion of the global crude supply.
I can't respond to your statement, "It's an export that at a fundamental level, we go to war to export" because I don't understand what you mean. Please explain

AJ

France will likely surrender soon. Their immigration policies seem to have failed and now they are paying a high price. Pretty sad.

Captain Ron said:

--ron
:D

RKBA said:
There is no rolleyes big enough to describe....what......wait a minute....oh, here we are...

giant_rolleyes.gif

Captain Ron said:

We will stop at nothing to convert NAXJA to our way of thinking and the culture that comes with it. How's that for arrogance?

--ron

I thought this was about France Ron ?

:D

Back