• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rim Backspacing

just do what i did. get 33x12.5" and put them on rims with 2" bs. haha. only if you want em to stick out 6" past the body and get pulled over every other day. don't run em any more. got 32's with 3.75" bs. don't rub anywhere and still tuck nicely. only stick out about 1" past the fenders

I'm guessing more than half the tire past the fender sheetmetal

Not quite. I have 2.5'' BS on my 35x12.5s on 15x8 wheels, and a little bit less then 1/2 the tire sticks out with no flares.

Mine is the white one.

My dad has 2.5'' of BS as well on 32x11.5 and 15x8 wheels. His is the prown one.
P1010663.jpg

Shot from the side:
P1010744.jpg

I like the look of the 2.5" bs on the white one. Mine doesn't have flares on it right now either so it provides a good comparison. The only thing that I am wondering is how much extra stress your front unit bearings are under by having the tires set that far out. Have you had any problems?

I like the look of the 2.5" bs on the white one. Mine doesn't have flares on it right now either so it provides a good comparison. The only thing that I am wondering is how much extra stress your front unit bearings are under by having the tires set that far out. Have you had any problems?

Nothing that I have noticed. I like the added width, and protection the tires offer when they are that far out.

Im sure it is extra stress on ball joints and unit bearings, but so do larger tires, offroading, etc.

Not quite. I have 2.5'' BS on my 35x12.5s on 15x8 wheels, and a little bit less then 1/2 the tire sticks out with no flares.

Mine is the white one.
Got any side shots of the white one so I can check out the trimming?

Here's 33x12.50's on 15x8 w/ 4" of backspacing.
IMG_1213.jpg

Oh yeah, it's trimmed all around the front, and I need to trim a bit more too, it's now rubbing the fender brace now...

Back