• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rigidco Rear Bumper Pics

NHxj4x4 said:
I like this one better, and it has the same type of mounting system, just looks beefier, and not so pretty.

AJORA_Rear_003.jpg

Todd

I second that.Too bad he's closed down :tear: Hansons were killer too when they were around.

Well, I stand corrected....

It's cool that they are going to do that. I know a lot of guys have already cut theirs....now there will be a nice bumper solution for them.

What's the cost? Or did I miss that.

For those of you who like the idea of a hitch, d-ring tabs, and wrap around the rear quarter panel, DETOURSUSA has a new bumper they just released. I don't have one or know the price, but it looks smooth and has everything you need.

Just a thought, if anyone has one of these, what's it like? Good quality?

http://detoursusa.com/

rear bumper
http://detoursusa.com/images/slim_line.jpg

NHxj4x4 said:
I like this one better, and it has the same type of mounting system, just looks beefier, and not so pretty.

AJORA_Rear_003.jpg

Todd

Hey do any of you know where to get those D Rings with the cotter pins?

Rigidco has spent alot to time designing this rear bumper. They have done tons of testing. That included towing heavy ass trailers for over 1000 miles. Rigidco also goes to great lengths to have what seems like the best mounting system on the market. The rear subframe mounts just like a ClassIII hitch(4 on either frame rail) and its tied into the bulkhead (the two holes under the latch handle). Some others only use the factory mounts which isn't enough to be pulling on. I'm really interested to see what the tire carrier and cutout version looks like. So far this is the leader of the bumpers i'm looking at.

Looks great! If I didn't already have a Hidden Hitch I would think about picking one up asap!

So it's true then that AJ's is closing? Anyone know if it says anywhere if he's closing for good or why?

Oh, I'd love to see the pics for the bumper with the extensions for if the rear panels were trimmed, too!

AJ is not closing permantly, but he has to think of his family first. You can check out his forum at ajsoffroadarmor.com for explanations.

Those D-rings are everywhere. I get them at a Kabota dealer around here. If you need some, I can get em and ship em to you if need be.

Todd

I have a friend that I have been harassing about making me some parts. He started the idea, and my mind went wild from there. If he does not get time, I will be E-mailing AJ's. Since his business future is questionable, if he is not interested in sending me some Rock Sliders, the Rididco equipment has become my next choice. I had thought about ordering thier Rock Sliders, but I do like the way that rear bumper looks.

JMotorsprt said:
I have a friend that I have been harassing about making me some parts. He started the idea, and my mind went wild from there. If he does not get time, I will be E-mailing AJ's. Since his business future is questionable, if he is not interested in sending me some Rock Sliders, the Rididco equipment has become my next choice. I had thought about ordering thier Rock Sliders, but I do like the way that rear bumper looks.

Jason,

I know that he is still banging out sliders, so don't worry about that. The bumpers are really nice though. That pic I posted is actually my Jeep. Here's the front one I got from AJ:

AJORA_Front_003.jpg

I didn't want to toot my own horn when I said I liked AJ's better, but I do, even though that was a 1 off that AJ made for me.

Later,

Todd

looks really good. i'm probably going with the wrap around one when it comes out.. hey does anyone want to buy a nice warn bumper and a class 3.. cheap cheap.... hahaha

keith

anyone get a price quote on the wrap around one

NHxj4x4 Those D-rings are everywhere. I get them at a Kabota dealer around here. If you need some said:
Thanks for the offer Todd.I've been able to find bow shackles, and clevis pins, but not both together.I haven't tried tractor supplies yet though.Will give em a try today.

If the wrap around question refers to Detours products....

It's available now in multi-steel configurations.....base price is $415.00 sand-
blasted & primer/sealed. Our base model consists of 16 mounting points total,
2 recovery 'D' ring points, inbeded 2" reciever is a $35.00 extra.Our rear rear-
bumper known as "The Slim Line Series" is available in multi-steel configurations.

Swing out tire carrier is yet another option, an additional $205.00 is added to
the base price for this option, it has no tire size limits & a bracket is provided
for your "L" plate to keep you legal.

Site should be updated 48hrs from now, this bumper has been in testing for
over a year, it's comming off our 'custom' shelf as a Detour regular, it'll ship
5-12 business days after any confirmed order, shipping is not included.

Further info can be had by request [email protected]

Enough pimping from here, enjoy your day!!

:us:

Back