• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Revolver shackles

I like how Stevens said it was granting a new liberty...yet it's in the Constitution.

I think you may have replied to the wrong thread... unless revolver shackles are a new liberty :looney:

Amendment 28: The right to install upon thine jeep fearful and perverse leaf spring shackles, shall not be infringed. It is, after all, thine jeep.

I think you may have replied to the wrong thread... unless revolver shackles are a new liberty :looney:

Amendment 28: The right to install upon thine jeep fearful and perverse leaf spring shackles, shall not be infringed. It is, after all, thine jeep.
Indeed you are correct. I intended to post that in your thread in the Political forum but forgot I had clicked away...:D

There are spherical bushings you can buy for leaf springs that allow the end of the springs to rotate a bit improving flex. I don't know who makes them though. Maybe someone can chime in with a link.

There are spherical bushings you can buy for leaf springs that allow the end of the springs to rotate a bit improving flex. I don't know who makes them though. Maybe someone can chime in with a link.

Alcan has a flex joint they offer now. Not sure if you can buy it from them though.

Makes sense. It's in the testing phases but he said he noticed some improvement, not alot, but some. You could give him a call and shoot him some feedback. He loves talkin jeep and welcomes any feedback on his products so he can improve em.

He'd have to show that he drove up the exact same ramp with and without the shackles, and measured the amount of axle movement both ways. Then it's good evidence. If he just hit some obstacles and had the impression that it flexed better, that doesn't say anything.

The johnny joint style spring eye bushings can be good idea. Not a lot of people have used them but it should work. Don't know how long they last, or how hard they are to install. Should help the main leaf to last longer, they do break occasionally.

Reminds me of Ryan's Z-shackles,oops!
DSCN3388.jpg

DSCN3385.jpg

I'm trying to figure out WHY anyone would do something like that.

It looks like a solution looking for a problem.

These are from Tera-flex,the difference is that Ryan tried to incorporate the idea into a shackle!
file_26_59.jpg

mounted.jpg

Might have gone a bit better if he set them up to hinge in opposite directions, instead of both opening to the right, with limiting so they couldn't fold over backwards and push the axle sideways.

Yeah,it was totally fun getting the axle back under there!!
DSCN3395.jpg

... I think that's either future ad copy for the company that makes Hi-Lifts, or something that belongs on thereifixedit.com.

Probably both.

How'd his brake lines fare?

Dammit Kastein! Now I will never get anything done at work!
:roflmao: it gets old after a few pages, especially with the stupid cliched comments. Great site though.

EDIT: I find this image from thatwillbuffout (related site) relevant:
129198774141717930.jpg

Looks like an FSJ to me! One hell of a trail it's on.

Last edited:
:roflmao: it gets old after a few pages, especially with the stupid cliched comments. Great site though.

EDIT: I find this image from thatwillbuffout (related site) relevant:
129198774141717930.jpg

Looks like an FSJ to me! One hell of a trail it's on.
:eek: Holy sheer cliff batman! Try backing out of that one! :gee:

Back