• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Guys...Long Post

I'll see if I can set my scanner resolution high enough to catch the fine print. I suspect that this will create a PDF file too dense for convenient posting, but I might be able to print it and snail mail it.

hey whatever you want to do that is not too much trouble, thanks again

hey whatever you want to do that is not too much trouble, thanks again
Shoot me a PM. I scanned it into two PDF files that should be small enough to attach to emails (under 2 mb for the bigger one). I think the tiny print is legible enough. If you're on dialup or have problems with email attachments let me know and I'll upload them to box. net instead and give you the links.

The Chilton manual has essentially the same material as in the link. I didn't check to see if all of it is the same. My scan is of the printed version rather than typescript, but it's probably from the same original source.

Shoot me a PM. I scanned it into two PDF files that should be small enough to attach to emails (under 2 mb for the bigger one). I think the tiny print is legible enough. If you're on dialup or have problems with email attachments let me know and I'll upload them to box. net instead and give you the links.

wow. you have gone above and beyond to help out a stranger. om sent

take a look at the linked site.. it has a ton of pdfs of an old tbi fsm its dated for 89-90 but its still tbi so should be 99% the same. lots of good info in those pdfs hope they help.

http://jeepgarage.free.fr/ownersmanual.html

thanks man i downloaded all of that awhile back thank you

The Chilton manual has essentially the same material as in the link. I didn't check to see if all of it is the same. My scan is of the printed version rather than typescript, but it's probably from the same original source.

Ive read all this but i cant see anything on that list causing my problem(s). Maybe its a leaking injector.......I still havnt had a chance to check that out.

Have you found the solution?

I have an 89 4.0 Renix... many of the same problems... valve cover leak, low idle, rough after restart... Much of my problems stem from my Alternator I think. I'm running 10-12V or so... and i believe that with the Renix system that screws up everything. Check with 5-90. Last time I replaced it the idle issues disappeared.

The oil on the VC is from the "non-stock" vac lines i am running I think. Not sure on anything... but it might help...

Have you found the solution?

I have an 89 4.0 Renix... many of the same problems... valve cover leak, low idle, rough after restart... Much of my problems stem from my Alternator I think. I'm running 10-12V or so... and i believe that with the Renix system that screws up everything. Check with 5-90. Last time I replaced it the idle issues disappeared.

The oil on the VC is from the "non-stock" vac lines i am running I think. Not sure on anything... but it might help...

i kinda gave up on it and im just living with it.....My alternator was charging at like 14 volts though.......But now the gauge falls all the way to the left here latley.......this damn jeep hahaha

Back