• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RENIX Air Conditioning refresh FAQ

Evaporator (Expansion Valve) to Filter/Drier
This part is not easily available. I had it made (Macs Radiator is local), but according to my local Jeep dealer it can be ordered from them. Jeep dealer told me part number 4773305 for around $75... but i dont know if this is the right part; again I had it made.

2zxmrfq.jpg

Jeep Dealer Possible Part Number: 4773305
MAC's Radiator Part Number: TBD

4773305 is the hose from the drier to the condenser

http://jeepair.com/liquid-lines/cherokee-liquid-line-drier-to-evaporator.html is the hose from the drier to the expansion valve

Last edited:
Yes, it is not needed, just rip the guts out of the fitting, reuse the fitting. There are two of them as I recall, second one is on the condenser. They were part of the OEM factory, pre-charged R-12 install package, not a needed, working part, just an artifact of the way they installed pre-charged systems back in the day.

I know this is an old post but couldn't find any other information on the fittings at the drier, mine has two fittings together and both have internal springy thingies, one just fell out and the other one had two O rings but the O ring at the end was bad. Can the internals of both fittings be taken out?
20150810_230433-1.jpg

Thanks

89 cherokee 4.0 automatic

Last edited:
I know this is an old post but couldn't find any other information on the fittings at the drier, mine has two fittings together and both have internal springy thingies, one just fell out and the other one had two O rings but the O ring at the end was bad. Can the internals of both fittings be taken out?

Thanks

89 cherokee 4.0 automatic
Yes, take them out and discard.

Back