• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix 87, AW4, 4.0, shudder, torque Conv. Lock, engine miss under low rpm load

The TPS is pretty new, maybe 5000 miles on it. IN this case it is not the TPS. The Dizzy has about 50,000 miles on, almost new, and it is nice and tight, I checked it. The cap and rotor had a good number of miles on them, and were past their EOL, not doubt. I think at least 4 of the spark plugs had about .040 to .045, close to .045 gaps (worn), and rather than regap them I installed a new set. The Shudder is completely gone, and it now idles as smooth as glass, but the last remaining issue is the idle dropped from 750 to 550. But here is the odd part today. I started it, never touched the gas peddle, and it locked in and idled at 750 rpm for 10 minutes, even idling in R or D. But then I drove it, and after 2-3 minutes it locked in at 550 rpm idle the rest of the night.

TC lock is working perfectly now, and shudder is gone. Power is back too.

I may need to replace the fuel injector harness connectors finally!!! At least one was acting up, #3, but when it acts up I get a random miss, rpm drop about 50 rpm, then back up. Tonight I had no miss.

Crusier, what is the exact Jeep OEM Renix spec for Idle in park and idle in drive?

IIRC, it's 650 or 750. I'd have to consult a manual. Too dark and cold right now to walk to the garage. I'm wondering if the sync generator aka stator in your dizzy is giving you issues affecting the idle. Wiggle the harnes where it enters the dizzy and see if idle changes.

IIRC, it's 650 or 750. I'd have to consult a manual. Too dark and cold right now to walk to the garage. I'm wondering if the sync generator aka stator in your dizzy is giving you issues affecting the idle. Wiggle the harness where it enters the dizzy and see if idle changes.

Rock solid, no changes.

Back