• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reminder: Lopez Island, May 15-16th...

I won`t be making it but any discusion about the July function going to happen? I do have a question for that ..Are there going to be prizes given out at that outing as door prizes etc. I have some things I`ve been purchasing that can be used if that is happening.

Not sure if I can make it now. The lady friend doesn't get home from work until 3 and then drive time to the ferry (ferry at 3:45). I don't think this is going to work. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to taking the Jeep on a little drive...oh well, maybe next time!!

My_Little_Pony said:
Not sure if I can make it now. The lady friend doesn't get home from work until 3 and then drive time to the ferry (ferry at 3:45). I don't think this is going to work. Sorry guys, I was looking forward to taking the Jeep on a little drive...oh well, maybe next time!!
There is a later ferry ~5 or so PM.... so let me know if you want those times. Happy to have y'all out if possible.

Willis and Company and PNW (Hans?) are all that have confirmed as yet.

Who else.... speak up folks. :) Last thing I want to do is buy too much salmon and stuff.

Lawnmower just popped another belt off, LOL. Trying to get some of the grass chopped down.

Sooo.... other than the camping space, I plan to buy the briquettes, propane, Salmon, pork ribs?, some beer, pop, and juice for the kids. Marshmellows for the camp fire (I have plenty of wood for that)

If it is just a small group... so be it, as long as you guys wanna come out. I dig a good BBQ and rally round the fire.

If everybody is gonna bail, let me know asap before I go shopping tomorrow. Otherwise, will be picking up the good tomorrow.

Let me know what day (Fri evening, Saturday day, etc... you plan on arriving), so I can be ready. ;)

Glenn

Ya, looks like it will be small, maybe just 3 (groups). I'll only do 1 tri-tip (sticking it in marinade tonight), and probably pick up some dogs, buns, and misc snacks/deserts etc.

Glenn, do we need plates, plasticware and supplies?

Steve

Oh, ya, I think we plan on catching the 9:35 or Noonish one. Probably leaning toward noonish.

Last edited:
Willis said:
Ya, looks like it will be small, maybe just 3 (groups). I'll only do 1 tri-tip (sticking it in marinade tonight), and probably pick up some dogs, buns, and misc snacks/deserts etc.

Glenn, do we need plates, plasticware and supplies?

Steve

Oh, ya, I think we plan on catching the 9:35 or Noonish one. Probably leaning toward noonish.
We will have plates etc.... no worries there.

Best idea... shoot for the early boat.... catch the noonish one. ;)

Glenn said:
We will have plates etc.... no worries there.

Best idea... shoot for the early boat.... catch the noonish one. ;)

It would either be the 9:35 AM boat (actually, 8:50 from Anacortes), or the noonish (ariving at 12:45). I'm thinking noonish so I don't have to get up so damn early.

Steve

Looks like I'm out. Wrenching for me instead.

Thermostat gasket finally went so it looks like the cooling system is getting an overhaul.

I'll hook up with you all via webcam though if you want. :D With my wireless maybe I could put on a 'shadetree mechanic' show on Saturday. ;)

ECKSJAY said:
Looks like I'm out. Wrenching for me instead.

Thermostat gasket finally went so it looks like the cooling system is getting an overhaul.

I'll hook up with you all via webcam though if you want. :D With my wireless maybe I could put on a 'shadetree mechanic' show on Saturday. ;)
Sorry to hear that. I highly doubt I will want to watch a web cam presentation of you changing a gasket though. :D

Willis, as for the ferry, just try to get there at least an hour ahead of time. Call me from the ferry before ya head out if you want me to meet you at the ferry landing.. in case my directions did not make sense.

Hans.. you still coming? which ferry you looking at getting?

Glenn

Well glen even though your gathering is going to be small, it looks and sounds as if its going to be lots of fun. i wish everyone a safe trip, have fun, drink a beer for me since i cant have any (not that i drink the stuff anyhew). Hopefully i'll be home the end of summer, but i heard a nasty rumor we might be staying longer (OMG I HOPE NOT!!!!) I'm still acquiring pieces parts for mine, i might be able to put it all together when I get home. Well, everyone take care and have a good time. keep in touch.

Kristen

ladywolf said:
Well glen even though your gathering is going to be small, it looks and sounds as if its going to be lots of fun. i wish everyone a safe trip, have fun, drink a beer for me since i cant have any (not that i drink the stuff anyhew). Hopefully i'll be home the end of summer, but i heard a nasty rumor we might be staying longer (OMG I HOPE NOT!!!!) I'm still acquiring pieces parts for mine, i might be able to put it all together when I get home. Well, everyone take care and have a good time. keep in touch.

Kristen
Kristen, will say a big CHEERS for you and yours! Armed Forces day too IIRC?

My Uncle will be coming over from Orcas Island too. Will be brining his M715...

My kids are hoping others bring kids.... my dog too. :)

I have most everything on my end now, other that the salmon.
Glenn

Glenn if you want I can bring the salmon. I have a bunch in my freezer.

We will be planning for the noonish ferry.

My lady friend is bringing her girl. Will be 3 in July. She'll love the trampoline :D.

Heading to the grocery store now to get some other stuff.

Glenn, do you have an air compressor or leaf blower (or vacuum with hose outlet) to blow up air mattresses?

Steve

Willis said:
My lady friend is bringing her girl. Will be 3 in July. She'll love the trampoline :D.

Heading to the grocery store now to get some other stuff.

Glenn, do you have an air compressor or leaf blower (or vacuum with hose outlet) to blow up air mattresses?

Steve
Woooo Hooo, will tell my kids, they will be happy. :)

Air Comp is broke. Leaf blower? nope. Have a shop Vac, not sure if it works. My Uncles M715 has On Board Air IIRC. He will arrive after 1pm sometime.
Glenn

PNW01XJ said:
Glenn if you want I can bring the salmon. I have a bunch in my freezer.

We will be planning for the noonish ferry.
If ya want to, that is fine. My source for fresh stuff is hard to get ahold of, otherwise was going to get some from the store tomorrow... Bring it is fine with me. ;)

Glenn

Just got done making some fruit salad,

got dogs and buns for the kids etc,

bringing the tri-tip, grabbed some chips,

got some muffins for morning.

I think I'm ready...

Well my salmon is frozen, but I get it factory-direct. ;)

Will defrost it tonight, so don't worry about the salmon.

Willis I have a compressor for inflatable mattresses. Will bring it tomorrow.

PNW01XJ said:
Well my salmon is frozen, but I get it factory-direct. ;)

Will defrost it tonight, so don't worry about the salmon.

Willis I have a compressor for inflatable mattresses. Will bring it tomorrow.
Morning! Everybody is still sleeping, but I thought I would post up Willis getting Basketball lessons yesterday :D

DSCF0010.JPG

I will neither confirm nor deny those allagations :D

Thanks for your's and Joanna's hospitality. I'm looking forward to the next one!

Steve

Yea thanks for the great hosptality Joanna, :D
Oh I guess Glenn wasn't bad either.

So Willis you getting a trampoline for the new house? :laugh2:

Glenn make sure you post all the pictures :roll:

We will do it again sometime

Back