• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reman. engine sources in the IE?

Bent

Only Marble Sharp
NAXJA Member
Ethan kind of has a problem with his '94 4.0. and I don't think I'm gonna fix it.

20160422_122505.jpg

20160422_122404.jpg

It's the old engine mount pulled out of the block scenario that has from the looks of it been in the process of happening prior to him buying the XJ.

Anybody have any input as to places with good reps we may want to consider or those to stay the expletive away from?

Russ Pottenger. Worth the drive to LA County.

David Bricker / SYR

I thought about that Cal. I wasn't sure it was going to pick up enough meet with those three bosses missing. But that definitely would be the ticket if it would hold. Think so huh? That would be great.

its the dealer fix.

worst case scenario, it ends up as broken as it is now.

if you call Dallas at SFR today, he can bring it up to Big Bear for you this weekend and save you the shipping.

Good points. Even without the discount it's a bargain all things considered. Ethan goes pretty easy on the rig because he doesn't want to break it and not be able to get to his classes. Going to make the call right now.

I got voice mail and left a message. Gonna go ahead and send him an email.

Tim,
Not to mention Dallas's mounts are cheaper than my engines.

:)

Tim,
Not to mention Dallas's mounts are cheaper than my engines.

:)

Very true. Custom work and one offs come with a price premium. You get what you pay for; and I try never to confuse price with value.

What I'm trying to figure out now is whether to get the standard or the 1" lift mounts. He is currently running a 1" TC drop. My thinking is that the lifted mounts would allow for the removal of the TC drop, but, when they may not be ideal once we get an SYE installed; the standard mounts would. If the +1" mounts flex enough to accommodate the TC in a stock position then the standard height mounts should flex enough for the 1" TC drop that's there now.

I Hate TC drops! Deep breaths Tim...

Standard mounts. 1" lift mounts are used in TJ's with body mounts or with extremely short drivetrains. In his config they would introduce more problems than they would fix.

Just got off the phone with Dallas. I went with the full mount/bracket set for both sides. He took real good of me. He's bringing them up the hill with him to BB.

Thanks for all the input guys; I is a happy camper!

My wifes did the same thing (also a 94), I put that style of plate on hers and it has been going strong as ever. I am thinking about putting them on my 97 if I could get them in chrome.

My wifes did the same thing (also a 94), I put that style of plate on hers and it has been going strong as ever. I am thinking about putting them on my 97 if I could get them in chrome.

They come standard in bare steel. If you really want em chromed I can drop them off at a plater, or you can as well. Probably the same cost. ;)

Back