• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

(relatively) stock '90 xj for sale

LucasFury

NAXJA Forum User
body's near perfect
interior is worn/dirty but in real good shape
still runs strong at 252g
power steering pump whines sometimes, even when full. ..works well though.
doorless mod
fog lights
cd/aux input/usb/mini sd player with 2 new sony door speakers(others still suck but matter less)
will include 4 extra stock xj rims of a later model and 2 big yellow gas cans that say diesel on the sides, one even has a couple of gallons of 93oct in it, seems like that's hard to come by around here, haha.
runs 5w50 syn, some of which ends up on my driveway, but not too <i>too</i> much.

I just drove this thing to San Diego from Florida 3 months ago with no problems. It has Florida tags still, so it hasn't seen any emissions tests. ..I started replacing hose and threw on a breather, but that's as far as I'm going since I have to sell anyway.

..I hate to have to sell it before I ever even got to really play with it, but we're being shipped off to Italy for the next 3 years, so either I sell it, or it takes another cross-country trip just to sit in someones backyard while it wastes away.

I guess I should say 2000obo, so I guess that's where I'll start, haha. Make me an offer!!!

doors off in Florida-
IMG00047.jpg

IMG00040.jpg

IMG00039.jpg

doors on in San Diego-
DSC04650.jpg

Guys.. it doesn't have doors.. So, I'll have to go down on price.
Plus you have to consider the following too...

"interior is worn/dirty
.. 252g [I'm guessing 256K miles]
power steering pump whines sometimes, even when full.
runs 5w50 syn, some of which ends up on my driveway
It has Florida tags still, so it hasn't seen any emissions tests. ."

On a serious note, it might take at least a $1k to get it smog & dmv legal.. Is doorless legal??

I have to bid $300

E

door less is legal, ive stopped right next to cops in my XJ with all 4 doors off and never had a problem...

EliasJ123 said:

"interior is worn/dirty

On a serious note, it might take at least a $1k to get it smog & dmv legal.. Is doorless legal??

I have to bid $300

E

It looks like it has doors in the last pic...taken in San Diego. So I have to assume he means, the doors have been modded to be easily removable.

My bid stands.

$454.54

JohnX said:
It looks like it has doors in the last pic...taken in San Diego. So I have to assume he means, the doors have been modded to be easily removable.

My bid stands.

$454.54

You make a good point.. So, I counter you with $375.94

E

Gerr said:
NOT IN ALL AREA'S check your local laws
guy I work with got one in his wrangler the other day

huh ive driven everywhere from riverside, to LA, to SD and cops just look at me a go along with theyre business, did your buddy do anything else to get pulled over?

swbooking said:
huh ive driven everywhere from riverside, to LA, to SD and cops just look at me a go along with theyre business, did your buddy do anything else to get pulled over?
actually no I was behind him we just left the yard and was heading to the stop light when the cop pulled between us and stopped him. next day I ask and he hands me a ticket with a modified vehicle ticket nothing else. His TJ is stock was driving with no doors cuz he smooshed one and thought it looked dumb with only one door. This happened in Ontario BTW

EliasJ123 said:

"interior is worn/dirty

I have to bid $300

E

The doors are included and currently attached.
I seriously doubt the interior would bother anyone on this site.
256,000 miles indeed, so the synthetic-induced leaking was expected.
I assume the PSP is cracked, but haven't bothered to investigate.(It works fine and the sound happens so rarely that it never really bugs me. ..I think it has something to do with weather/pressure changes or something.)
Afforementioned oil leak appears as though it would be remedied by replacing the VCG, I'll even do that myself beforehand if someone makes a good enough offer.
The emmisions may be a problem, but also may not, I know nothing about what is/isn't passable here. ..In FL it only takes a catalytic converter to be legal, and they never ask or check.

According to KBB, it should go for around $2,000 in this zip code, hence the "asking price," which wasn't entirely serious since I'm not naive enough to think anyone here would pay that much for a bare XJ(I wouldn't either.) I honestly figured it would turn into a bid-off like the MJ thread and could be fun, hah.

I just wanted to put it up here before trying to sell it elsewhere.

BTW, reserve not met, haha.

Oh, and I live on Texas St real close to University on the I8 side if you want to take a peak some time. ..I was thinking about showing up at one of the parting/wrenching parties or something if you guys don't mind my being forced to move before I ever got around to duesing up...

(I understand the idea behind non-paying users being limited, but the ability to edit posts would be greatttttt.)

LucasFury said:
BTW, reserve not met, haha.

I'm glad you're having fun too.. We tend to take things a little too far sometimes. That being said..

$376.. for being a sport. I'll even take the doors off your hands so you won't have to deal with trying to dispose of them. :laugh3:

E

Dammit guys, I just got back from camping all weekend and spent all my cash.

I have 7 pale ale bottle tops (I only remember drinking 7, somehow I got 7 in between the shots of tequila)
A twinkie wrapper
A dryed out honey bun
A heineken kegcan with the pop top included (no beer, that is missing for some reason)

Leep

Reserve still not met, hah.

Help me out here people. I don't want to have to deal with craigslisters, I'd rather unload it here for a couple hundred less and call it a deal.

LucasFury said:
Reserve still not met, hah.

Help me out here people. I don't want to have to deal with craigslisters, I'd rather unload it here for a couple hundred less and call it a deal.
To tell you the truth, it sounds like it might be a tough sale. I'm not hammering you, but registration/smog thing may be detering potential buyers. Also, the pics with out doors are probably turning off people too. I would just delete those pics without doors and show more pics with doors.

I know you said that KBB says about $2k, but it may not take into account that it's an out of state vehicle.

Personally, I would pay less than $1,000 for two reasons: 1) smog and registration may cost $500 or more.. or $100. It all depends it if passes smog or not. 2) Somone could the same XJ that's already registered here from $1,000 to about $1,500.

How soon are you leaving?? Maybe do a smog pre-test will show people that it'll pass.

Take a look on Craigslist, Autotrader, and the Recycler so you can see what similar XJ's are selling for..

Here are a couple from Craigslist - HERE, HERE, HERE
ANOTHER

E

Last edited:
Back