• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reiter Trails Cleanup May 6th.

JeeperAmy said:
So, count us in! My husband and I are talking about going up Saturday and playing around, then we will camp Saturday night and then clean up on Sunday. Since we have never been up there, can I get some directions? where do we set up camp?
http://www.whore4x4.com/forum/upload/attachment.php?attachmentid=68&d=1167706673
Here's a map of trails and it's E on HWY 2, Left at Reiter Rd., follow to the right (dont go left, just straight) and on left is big parking lot w/lotsa trucks and quads and bikes. I hope to be there Sunday with my Toy (XJ not built yet).

I should be there also with my XJ (silver on 33's) trailered behind my silver Grand Cherokee.

Lookforward to seeing a few new faces!!

Michael

PS. Karl, I will have something I want to give to you. I assume you will be up there in your YJ? How will I recognize it?

Thanks,

2xtreme said:
Karl, I will have something I want to give to you. I assume you will be up there in your YJ? How will I recognize it?

Never mind Karl,
Red TJ. I will see you up there.

Michael

JeeperAmy said:
So, count us in! My husband and I are talking about going up Saturday and playing around, then we will camp Saturday night and then clean up on Sunday. Since we have never been up there, can I get some directions? where do we set up camp?

Camping at the main parking area may be a bit noisy. Just be forewarned. Also, if you have a fire it must be contained in a metal ring.

Anywho, directions are to take RT2 to gold bar, and just past the fire station you will see Reiter road. Take a left from 2 onto reiter road. Where it forks, you want to stay right. About 3/4's of a mile later you will see the parking area. If you miss it, you are most definately blind.

Hope to see all you folks there.

Well, looks like I might be going on this one. I was able to cancel my float trip with my father, and the jeep hasn't sold yet, so why not. One more fun outing.

Just curious what the count is for those that are planning on camping out there on Saturday evening. And what time are you all heading up on Saturday?

Last edited:
wasserboxer said:
If any of you can talk Jeremy into camping Sat night, I will be grateful...
I'll get started on that one

I will be up there Sunday for the clean up and plan on wheeling after lunch.
I won't be camping Saturday night. For those of you who might not be as familiar with Reiter there are often lots of bikes up there and it is often loud with lots of music, alcohol, 2strokes, etc of an evening/night. I recommend you stick together and find a "less occupied area" ;)

I lookforward to meeting all of you.

Karl, Don't get too excited;) but just wanted to make sure you get it.

Michael

I too plan on beingin the parking lot at 9 am. Bringing along acouple of helpers along. I have always wanted to go to one of these clean ups ( yes I AM sick in the head!). I think it gives me a sense of helping to keep our traild open. Now if we could figure out how to keep our trails safe from the loggers. SEE YA SUNDAY!!!

See you guys there! I am bringing some help. I have always wanted to get in on a clean up. See ya sunday @ 9am.

Just got back not too long ago. Had a blast! We had 4 NAXJA guys in our group: 2extreme, Metal Thrasher, WaXJ Skier and myself. Karl VP was also there but in a seperate group. We picked up trash and what not including a water heater (Actually Joe picked up the heater). We also helped re carve part of sack-up.

It was nice to meet some more of you guys. Hopefully one of you can post up some pics :)

-Jeff

Back