• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear Bumpstops-Slightly different approach

I have never hit my bump stops on the street.. But off roading, I go nice an slow over rocks, so they would work for me.. Now if your jeepspeed, they won't work..

Mighty.Mighty_XJ said:
So true ... and it seems like RCP Phx enjoys bashing other people's attempts. I've seen other threads where all the guy does is find fault with nothing useful to contribute. If you must criticize (and sometimes it's necessary) try to offset by adding a suggestion for improvement. Empty bashing just makes you look like an asshole.

x3. I've got a similar response from him also.

Well they work very well,did their job! kept the tires outta the rear flares. need to reposition one on the pass. side a little too far forward (just barely rubs the shock body) but it still worked. hit a crossditch going a bit to fast and felt the back hit the bumps but it was soft,after all rubber compresses. I'd recommend it to anyone that needs them.No downside on this one!!I have video if anyone is interested.

And a little note to RCP Phx : don't knock it until you try it!

Glad to hear they work.. Great job on this..I'll have to look harder at these, if you don't mind me using your ideal.....

Thanks for the heads up

Thanks jdbwrx for the great idea, he's the op that I got the idea from

Just a sugestion from someone else's experience;
On one of my many junkyard trips I saw a Cherokee with short (front to back) bump stop extenders like yours.
The "frame" was stress cracked at both ends of the square tubing.
From looking at that Jeep, I think he liked to jump it, plus it didn't have much lift.
So, if I were making the extensions I would have a much longer mounting surface with a slight curve at the ends to to distribute the stress.

Mike

Back