• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE leaf packs

lobsterdmb said:
I lost the overload leaf on one pack so I removed it from the other as well for equal flex (Long story how that happenned).

yeah but it's a good story. :gag:

my RE 4.5" coils and 4.5" leafs are finally level at 5.25" after 2 full years and the first year was total abuse. and 200# of crap in the back.

if you want more than your leafs and shackles will give you now i'd get a taller set of leafs and sell the current ones.

don't "band-aid" something that isnt a proper match.

lobsterdmb said:
Also Rusty's has a helper leaf and a short add-a-leaf.... thoughts on those instead.... looking for 1-2 inches of lift

be very carefull which add a leaf u use if any they are designed to lift a stock spring pack a few inches. not what you need i would first try to get a new overload spring then pull apart your old leafs and experiment with what leaf works best you may or may not loose flex with the added leafs and bumper combo. all you can do is try different combos and see what works for you.

or keep running the trail till you find your lost leaf and degree shim:laugh3:

Rusty's sells an overload spring so I am going to look into that. I actually only need about an inch of height but also don't want to kill my flex.

sidriptide said:
yeah but it's a good story. :gag:

my RE 4.5" coils and 4.5" leafs are finally level at 5.25" after 2 full years and the first year was total abuse. and 200# of crap in the back.

if you want more than your leafs and shackles will give you now i'd get a taller set of leafs and sell the current ones.

don't "band-aid" something that isnt a proper match.

How have the leaf springs held up over 2 years? Any s-shaping or flattening? I am considering going 4.5" coils and 4.5" leafs but most people think 3.5" leafs + shackles is better and that 4.5" leafs on stock shackles won't flex at all.[/QUOTE]

well flexing is usually easier with a flat spring. it also makes the ride nice too. if you have your stock shackles i would think about putting in a 3.5 spring and 1" lift shackle

Back