• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 3.5 to 4.5

4x4JeePmaNthINg

NAXJA Forum User
I have a RE 3.5 lift currently with extended brake lines ,re trac bar and tc drop.
Correct me if I'm wrong but to go to 4.5 I'll need UCAs, new rear drive shaft and hack n tap Sye for the np242. 1 inch shackles and coil spacers/ new coils.

With out using shims what are my options to correct drive line geometry on my 8.25?

Am I missing anything?

What year is your jeep

I added an inch to the re 3.5" on my 94 and didn't need to change anything else

If you install an SYE, you need to shim the rear axle.

1996-2001 are more prone to drive line vibes than 1995 and older. At about 3-4 of lift 96-01 owners should saving for an SYE and driveshaft.

is there any style of drive shaft that would allow me to forgo shims, or is my only other option relocating spring perches.

Im not to big a fan of shims becoming a weak point

No. Shims aren't that bad as long as you get the style that bolts thru the spring pack. And the steel ones are better. Adding the one inch is fine, I did the same thing, but I agree, you should highly consider the sye.

I myself am looking to take my 3" Skyjacker lift and upgrade it to 6.5" and custom build a 3 link kit for the front. I know ill need an SYE and track bar, etc. i know what all i will need but my question is... if my 3" leaf spring pack is already sagged a little, how should i go about getting the desires lift height? its an off road rig only for trails and rocks. dont care about ride quality just need it to be functional.

sorry to hijack a thread, just thought it may be better than posting a new thread.

Back