• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RC 4.5" Long Arm Installed!

JCKustoms

NAXJA Forum User
Finished installing the Rough Country 4.5" long arm kit a few weeks ago, but just finished my shackle re-location brackets. I used 3.5 x 3.5" square tubing (to closeout the factory shackle "box") and welded it in and also used some 3.0 x 3.0" to fab the shackle mounts. It worked out good and rides a lot better now! :)
photo12.jpg
photo22.jpg
photo2.jpg
photo3.jpg

Thank you! Yes they are 31x10.50 KM2's, but I do not like them (ride sucks on the road). They came on the jeep when I bought it though. I'm going to sell these and get some Goodyear MT/R.

I though that was the reason everyone and there mom was buying the KM2's.... streetability?

Those rear shackle mounts look sick! so did you just weld in some box tubing to fill in the stock mount, then weld the adjustable mount underneath that?

I though that was the reason everyone and there mom was buying the KM2's.... streetability?

Those rear shackle mounts look sick! so did you just weld in some box tubing to fill in the stock mount, then weld the adjustable mount underneath that?

I personally don't care for the KM2's, but that's just my opinion... If you don't keep them rotated (quite often) you will not like them. If I can't find some old MT/R's I am going with the Kumho MT's (I just love those).

Yes I welded in the box tubing to fill in the factory mount, then welded on the shackle bracket. I think I spent $8 at the steel yard, and $12 for some good metric bolts, washers, and locking nuts.

Looks good man. Let us know about those long arms, they're pretty new and i know i'm one of many waiting for more reviews about em before we buy. haha

One thing though.... I absolutely LOVE my km2's! You're crazy. lol

looks good. how does it ride?

looks good. how does it ride?

Thanks. It rides nice...although I've never owned an XJ before. But if you get the RC leaf springs... you must re-locate
your shackle to get your shackle angle back! I have been in other jeeps with the short arm kit and I can say that the
long arm is much more of a softer ride.

Last edited:
Looks good man. Let us know about those long arms, they're pretty new and i know i'm one of many waiting for more reviews about em before we buy. haha

One thing though.... I absolutely LOVE my km2's! You're crazy. lol

It's been out since last november and quite a bunch of reviews on the board already. The kit has it's flaws and issues but it holds up.

Back