• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rare finds

Jess

NAXJA Forum User
I got a set of steel rims off ebay and had to drive about 80 miles to get them, but I got a really good price. When I got to the guy's house to pick them up I noticed about 6 XJ's behind the barn and asked if he was parting them out. He said yes, and I was hoping to find a D44 under one of them. When I started looking at them, one had tail lights that I had never seen and when I looked closer it was an European model. It had a D35 rear, but it had a back seat with factory headrests. I was able to talk him out of it for a good price and better yet, it matches the interior of the wifes DD (94 country).

What rare finds has everyone else found?

sorry, no pics yet. I got home and got it installed right before I had to go to work, and now it is dark.

It looks just like the US factory seat, but has the removeable headrests. It was a direct bolt-in. I have been looking for a seat like this for some time now. I even tried to get one from the dealer and was told they were unable to get them in the states.

Were the XJ's complete? Where?

I've got an XJ with very little rust that started it's life in Staten Island, NY. Pretty rare, eh? :laugh3:

Also, dunno how "rare" this is, but my XJ that was originally sold in Staten Island is CA emissions.

did he have a set of the euro tails? could ya find out how much he wanted for em?

Only the passenger side (right side...actually driver side I guess). The left side was busted in an accident. If both were good I would have got them also.

I will try to get some pics tomorrow, but the only diffrence is headrests. The material matches exactly to what was original.

you can get the european tails through crown for pretty short money..ill see if i can find a part number for ya if your interested

Back