• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RADesigns Ratchet Shifter-AW4

R.DesJardin

NAXJA Forum User
AW4 Ratchet Shifter-Just the pre-prototype prototype, but it's getting closer to being done. I've combine the mechanical with the electrical and hope to have a functional Ratchet Shifter for the AW4.
It really comes down to combining my Baja II with a Ratchet floor shifter.
It still will allow direct to Reverse shifting.
It will be an electric only for OD, that's the little aluminum lever on the Ratchet lever.
The small knobbed shift lever will be used for the direct to Reverse shifting.
I still need to get the electrical done and do some serious testing but at least there is something to look at and hold instead of just an idea and some sketches.
IMGP0754.jpg

IMGP0753.jpg

ooooo...i'm down for that! i like that alot, vey nice set up. Any idea when this will be ready for the public?

Thank god I just got a new job! And Im glad I waited to get the baja shifter. Cant wait to see how these turn out, it looks freakin sweet.

ooooo...i'm down for that! i like that alot, vey nice set up. Any idea when this will be ready for the public?

Thanks, guys but still testing to do. And yes a have that worked out. I hope first of the year at the latest depending on how testing goes. I hope. This stuff always take longer that it should.

As a note just so all know this is a fully Ratcheting Shifter from P thru 1 and still has the direct Reverse feature from any fwd gear just like the Rock and I will add a Park lockout and lockin.
TC lock will still have to be a seperate switch.
And no it won't be made to fit the stock console location like the stock location Rock does.

Back