• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick disco's on dd

cjwalkeriii

NAXJA Forum User
OK, so I know how 3" of lift thanks to rusty's lift. When doing it, I snapped both sway bar links and now I float on the highway. I went down to advance today and picked some new one's up. $45.00. Anyhow, am I better off with stock or quick disco's on a dd? Is one stiffer than the other? Anyone have any extra set of disco's then wanna get rid of. Thanks in advance

cjwalkeriii said:
OK, so I know how 3" of lift thanks to rusty's lift. When doing it, I snapped both sway bar links and now I float on the highway. I went down to advance today and picked some new one's up. $45.00. Anyhow, am I better off with stock or quick disco's on a dd? Is one stiffer than the other? Anyone have any extra set of disco's then wanna get rid of. Thanks in advance
The only reason to get quick discos is if you plan to take them off for offroading (ok, let me rephrase, if you plan to offroad, plan to take them off and plan for quick discos). For 100% street driving you can use regular links, just make sure that they are the right height (they have to be at a certain angle in relation to the anti sway bar: IIRC it's 15% or something like that).

The end links don't make a difference in stiffness except that if they are too short then they don't allow the swaybar to perform properly. The advantages to the after market end links (quick dosconnects) is that you can quickly disconnect for off road driving and most are adjustable (JKS and RE Gen II) so you can adjust the length to orient the swaybar properly. Rather then buy new end links I would recommend getting the disconnects now instead of just replacing what you already had with the same. Look at it as you are saving 45 bucks on your disco's. Nothing like an opportunity to upgrade.

cjwalkeriii said:
That's kinda what I am thinking jeepin. Are the stock links long enough for a 3" lift. thanks again
Stock links will work with 3" lift but it would be better if they were slightly longer.

I f you want longer links and not disco's take your stock ones back and get a set off a 97 or newer Wrangler they are about 2" longer.

Back