• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Quick '99 Interior Question

I've never seen a XJ with leather AND heated seats in person. I was close with my '98 Limited, just didn't have heat.

It was only available in 2000 and 2001 on the Limited, and was an option rather than standard-fitment. The switches for them reside in the space the front ashtray would normally occupy, FWIW.

Looks like it's finding the rarest of XJ's (for me anyway, '99XJ full options) in the JY or go with Grand Cherokee seats.

ZJ/WJ heated leather seats are going to be a lot easier to find.

I was at the junkyard two weeks ago and they had 1 WJ on the lot. First one I have seen in their lots too. The seats would have been a perfect fit, dark slate grayish color, but they were ripped to hell and half the rear was missing. SO CLOSE! :)

It was only available in 2000 and 2001 on the Limited, and was an option rather than standard-fitment. The switches for them reside in the space the front ashtray would normally occupy, FWIW.

Yup, I've only managed to find one seat of heated leather XJ seats in the junkyards. I have those in my garage waiting to be installed.

I also have a set of ZJ heated leather seats, but I think I'm just gonna sell those off now.

I have a set of '95 tan/camel leathers that I'm going to install in my '96. I've seen heat pads to install into seats on the internet, but most I've seen are $60 and up. But, most Outbacks, and a few other higher-end imports came with seat heaters, so here I sit waiting for the weather to break, so I can go on an archeological expedition to Harry's U Pull It, to find my next Holy Grail.

My agate 01.
ae83f741.jpg

09f04647.jpg

For what it's worth, the Agate '99 is entirely identical to the Agate '01 - none of the lighter kickpanel plastic seen on '97/'98 gray interiors.

x2. The US Limited leather is flat, where the Orvis is kind of bunched up. The US limited also has no leather on the doors.

'99Orvis, on your over head console, what are those two black items on both sides, about midway? Seen below.
IMG_0105-1.jpg

Seems like the export market got all the cool stuff.....

Ya, like diesels.

Seriously though, I think all the XJs sold in aus got the overhead console(but they also all got the Dana 35, no 8.25 for them). Something like 3/4 of the UK jeeps got leather. They didn't even sell the sport style seats in the UK, all the UK seats have the adjustable headrests, even on the sports.

UK XJs were also much more likely to get the icons and silverstars.

Basically to justifiy the high price of buying a Jeep in the UK they sent all the built up ones overseas. Kinda like what mercedes does here.

Back