• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

push bar/nudge bar/bull bar stock bumper modification

Ahvicha

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys i was curious if anyone had experience with modifying a existing push bar/nudge bar/bull bar that's from a different vehicle, to attach to our uniframe. i cant seem to find anything on it. i do see people who are modifying them to work but they never say what its from or what they did to make it work. and almost all the time its attached via the stock bumper. and that is noooootttttt a good place to be bolting something like that on too.

Also if anyone knows someone, or even has one themselves that's willing to ship. i wouldn't mind just having one that was made for our xjs. They seem pretty hard to come by though.

hey guys i was curious if anyone had experience with modifying a existing push bar/nudge bar/bull bar that's from a different vehicle, to attach to our uniframe. i cant seem to find anything on it. i do see people who are modifying them to work but they never say what its from or what they did to make it work. and almost all the time its attached via the stock bumper. and that is noooootttttt a good place to be bolting something like that on too.

Also if anyone knows someone, or even has one themselves that's willing to ship. i wouldn't mind just having one that was made for our xjs. They seem pretty hard to come by though.

I'm in IN. I have a setup for sale. PM me with email, and I'll send pics. I offered it for $60 before. Its from an XJ or MJ.

I used an all steel grille guard from a 1980's Chevy pickup. It was the right width but needed modifications for mounting. I used a set of factory tow hook brackets and welded some square tube to them that fit behind the bumper. The grill guard mounts rest on the bumper, and the mounting bolts go through the bumper, into the square tube.

Back