• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Punching hos in da' hood!

like that guy in police academy

This is how I did mine, going to add one more row this summer

Img_3256.jpg

Yeah I know yours was cheap but why not get louvers punched in the hood?

Goatman got a picture of yours?

I've seen Goats.
Remember where I live...not a stop light within 50mi. of the house...do you think there is anyone around here to punch louvers in my hood?
And I can also cover mine up in the wet weather....G can't!!
Hey...something I can do with my Jeep that Goatman can't!!!
I didn't think that was possible!! :laugh3:
Rick R :sunshine:

Just watch leaving the magnets on the hood for very long. The magnets will collect and hold moisture and very fine dirt particles, scratching the paint and causing rust. Also some of the paints have stuck to the magnet causing the paint to pull off of the metal. I have worked at a flexible magnet plant for over four years and have had numerous complaints, despite the included warnings. As long as the magnets are taken off periodically, cleaned, and allowed to dry you shouldn't have any problems.

Jump This said:
I've seen Goats.
Remember where I live...not a stop light within 50mi. of the house...do you think there is anyone around here to punch louvers in my hood?
And I can also cover mine up in the wet weather....G can't!!
Hey...something I can do with my Jeep that Goatman can't!!!
I didn't think that was possible!! :laugh3:

Yeah but you're not that from from the hombres down south. Hell you could probably evenfind some good body shops in El Centro or Brawley, right?

Be careful on your original thinking of putting them at the front. The problem is that at speed the low pressure behind the radiator can be higher than above the holes when they are located at the front. What this means is that you would draw air in and reduce the amount going through the radiator.

I have to agree with Gojeep on this one. I have vents about 6" up from the front eadge of the hood (right spot for slower speeds -35mph) To help with higher sppeds I raised the back of my hood with 1.5" spacers with good results. I'm building a new hood with TA hood vents(all 4) and my old hood scoop, I hope to get away from the spacers but only hot weather will tell...andy

This is what I intend to do...
Tape small pieces of fabric to the front of each hole.
At different speeds check on if they are being blown 'up' or being pulled back in...my hope is that at speed they are drawing air up thru them...at low speed they should act as a vent anyway.....

Now I can tell you about the front seats..
I ordered a set of PRP daily driver seats...four weeks ago.
They told me they were going to be shipped out last monday...
wednesday comes...no seats....thursday.....no seats....I should note here that since I had planned on wheeling over the weekend I went ahead and removed the stock seats and started prepping for the new mounts.....
Friday comes...no seats...call PRP....oh yeah....there here but I was just too busy to send them out!!
A HOLES!!
I got them today....I post picts of the completed project tonight....

I think I won't have much tfouble with rust and pulled paint...I will only use the magnets when washing it or when its raining (and neither happens too much out here in the dez!)
BTW I just got back from some rock crawling...and it certainly helped venting the heat at low speeds!
Rick R

Back