• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pulled over again....

RyanM said:
Well they got me, again.

Headed North bound on 29 South.

34". Couldn't drive away....

"Ill give you two options, either you call a tow truck, or i'll get one here for you"

......county cop....

Looks like im goin the 6" Longarm 35's route... :( :(

Ryan where abouts in Va do you live?

Ooops must have missed that. I live on the other side of the mountain and we rarely have any trouble with the cops around here. I do travel through your neck of the woods a good bit so I guess I'll just have to be careful and hope cops don't bother me.

I've been stopped once before for a defective brake light. the trooper questioned about my lift and ran my lisence. i didn't have any problems. he was polite about it and warned me about the brke light and sent me on my way.

he explained to me that he makes a lot of arrests out traffic stops for very minor violations. He doesn't have to write the ticket. He's made countless drug arrests, come across dangerous people with active arrest warrants, drunks, suspended lisences and the lot. The only way for him to do this is through face to face contact.

He explained that most people that don't keep their lives in order don't tend to keep their cars in order iether.

I come from a family of cops and I am thankful for the ones who actively do their job. They don't really get to pick and choose what laws they happen to feel like enforcing that day. When they are assigned to work traffic on the interstate they have to work traffic on the interstate. Part of working traffic on the interstate is dealing with the vehicle eqipment laws that govern the vehicles that drive on them.

As far as you catching a ticket from him "eyeballing" the hieght your lift, instead of measuring it.......Yeah.... That would have resulted in a phone call to his supervisor, or better yet, his supervisor's supervisor.

I am still trying to determine whether anyone from out of state has been ticketed because of a lift above the Virginia lift limits?
My jeep is registered in Washington State, so it is a west coast rig, but I am in school in Virginia, so I am wondering if I really have to worry or if my rig doesn't apply because I am out of state.
Any info would be appreciated.

Ex CCS Racer said:
Dude, move to SC. Anything goes since they did away with inspection laws about 10 years ago.
x2

SC is pretty lax about things like that. Now that I live in Georgia, I've found them to be pretty lax here, too. I used to drive a K-5 Jimmy with a 6" lift on 35's. I pulled up behind a cop one night at a red light, and my headlights HAD to have been blinding the crap out of him. I though to myself "well, you're about to get a ticket for this one...", but he just drove off when the light changed :D

flash2pablo said:
I am still trying to determine whether anyone from out of state has been ticketed because of a lift above the Virginia lift limits?
My jeep is registered in Washington State, so it is a west coast rig, but I am in school in Virginia, so I am wondering if I really have to worry or if my rig doesn't apply because I am out of state.

If you're registered out of state there's nothing they can do.

flash2pablo said:

I was in Martinsville last St Pat's Day to see some friends. I got pulled over for not running a front license tag(which isn't required here). I think once he got behind me he realized he was screwed and couldn't do anything about the front tag or my lift. I had 35's then too.

That is kinda what i am hoping that since I am out of state they will leave me alone. I am here for school for another two years and I don't want to rack up tickets to be able to drive the jeep.

DeezUU said:
Sheesh !

If you have to worry about 12' clearances in your truck .... you might be a redneck !

Hahahaha .

haha, our lift law is simple, "vehicle height shall not exceed 13' 6" now thats some freedom....i love Ky

Back