• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proto Fab vs JCR bumpers

just LOOKING at the protofab bumpers, they look ghetto fabbed, like their use of 2 heim joints around a bolt on the swing away carrier. that and they seem pretty proud of their workmanship, for instance their classic rear tube bumper MAYBE cost them 80 for materials and they want $403 for it.

also theirs a reason why every tire carrier ive seen swings out to the passenger side vs the driver side. think of it this way, if your on the freeway or tight spot on the side of the road and get a flat. you swing out their tire carrier INTO TRAFFIC to get into your hatch for your tools and someone comes around and clips it. it just spells bad news to me IMO. JCR bumpers seem more solid and they have great customer feedback, i have NEVER heard anyone say they got screwed by jcr offroad, their prices are fair and product looks good. if i wasnt going to built my own bumpers i'd go with jcr offroad.

First of all, I don't understand your reference to the tire carrier swinging into traffic.. ProtoFab bumpers are 100% legit and safe and their tire carrier swings to the passenger side. If you happen to have a triple rack, a very short portion swings to the left but it's the size of a jerry can AND it swings ALL the way over so it rests on the side of the truck so someone doesn't come around a corner and clip it as you say. And what exactly makes them ghetto fabed? I've had ProtoFab bumpers on all of my Offroad rigs and I can honestly say they are strong, safe and wicked cool. You get what you pay for IMO. The welds are strong and even pretty. Their welders fabricators really know what they are doing. And they are some if the nicest people.

I think maybe you should know what you are talking about before you bash a business that's been around for almost 30 years. Have you ever owned a ProtoFab bumper? Have you ever seen one in person? Maybe a little product education is in order..

Back