• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Projext "V8 XJ" Build

Congratulations dude! Nice to see it under its own power :)

So I'm in the middle of an unintentional 14 day work week so I haven't had much time. I did put on my steam port block offs and moved it to my water pump spacer.

And I'm pretty sure I fixed my power steering leak.

Now I need to chase down my misfires I think 2 or 3 cylinders are misfiring. It's likely stuck injectors so I need to clean those. Then I need exhaust and its 100%

So i have a few random misfires, Its not causing a CEL, but it is making the engine backfire occastionally. I'm going to add O2 sensors before I chase down the misfire because the lack of them may be dumping too much fuel causing it.

I'm deciding if I want to do a turndown or a full exhaust. A turndown will be easier, but I really like the sound of a full exhaust.

Took it for a quick spin yesterday. I dont have any of the previous leaks, but I am leaking a small amount of coolant from the lower radiator hose. I'm just going to double clamp it and it should be fine.

So i have a few random misfires, Its not causing a CEL, but it is making the engine backfire occastionally. I'm going to add O2 sensors before I chase down the misfire because the lack of them may be dumping too much fuel causing it.
I vote to do the 02's first then swap coils around too see if the miss follows the coils. Misfires are the easiest fix when you have OBD2. If that's your only prob I would say you did good!

I vote to do the 02's first then swap coils around too see if the miss follows the coils. Misfires are the easiest fix when you have OBD2. If that's your only prob I would say you did good!

Yea! I hope it actually is the only problem. We'll see once everything gets finished.

Now that I think. When I turned right the other day there was a loud clunk. Might be the locker and I'm just not used to it.

Really nice, and those floors are outstanding!

Thanks! It looks better in person too! Oh and it's tile.

Got the rear skid in and ready for exhaust. Just need to install the front driveshaft so they have clearance. But I do have to cut a piece off my IRO crossmember.

Last edited:
Back