• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project:Unicorn

So i have been doing some reading this morning because like i have stated i don't know much about carbs. if my research is correct im looking for a mc2100 that came off of a ford 302 OR amc 304 with a stamp on the side that says 1.08 ......right? which should give me something like 450cfm?

yep...that is correct. the 1.08 is a little hard to see, but its on there. if you search mc2100 swap you will hit about 1000 pages of info about it. mostly from cj guys, but there are some great swap pages.

a guy here at my job is an old ford mustang kinda guy so a couple weeks ago i asked him if he could look around his garage.

today he walked in with this
2012-09-10_09-31-16_600.jpg

2012-09-10_09-31-44_133.jpg

gave me another for parts because this one is missing a couple things.

20 bucks!

this looks right...right?

thats the one...get a rebuild kit and get to work. just search "carb rebuild" on the web and you tube and you'll get a bunch of videos. i used the chem dip carb cleaner...which i though was outrageously expensive, till i learned that you can re-use it. the 1.08 should be jetted right for that motor. if not, they aren't too hard to get out

i would just leave the electric choke off for now and buy a $10 manual choke from auto zone. if he gave you all the parts of the electric choke, then eventually it would be nice to have

so the guy i was hoping would bring me a steering column never did so im pulling the one out of my parts jeep.

using my Haynes book i got the lower shaft out but cant figure out the upper with the steering wheel.

should i be following their directions on removing the steering wheel? can it come out as one whole unit?

Back