• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Telluride: tons, big rubber, and a clean slate.

Ballistic brackets came in today.
image_zpskdueuu0e.jpeg

Didn't make it down to grab my frame stiffeners yet. Lady wanted a doggy door (that fit like crap) so I spent a good portion of the day doing that and moving my friends axles into the garage. (Moving tons by yourself with no cherry picker (or orange, lemon, strawberry, or whatever picker freerider15! :gee: ) is a real pain in the ass.

So the diff covers came in. I went with chassis unlimited covers. Wanted to try something different. They look pretty damn good too.
image_zpshzrmz3ql.jpeg

Also got my wheels in finally. No one wanted to mount. (13.5 tire 8.5 wheel) so I mounted em in the living room. Screw it.
image_zpsphnvtqnv.jpeg

They look like they might not fit. Can't wait to them fit though.

Got the axles today. Rear is welded up and on its own weight.
image_zpsups9thx9.jpeg

Rear needs to settle quite a bit. New leaf packs are super stiff and need to cool it a bit. Lol.
image_zpspbn1zpew.jpeg

Decided to run the covers 'natural' so I cleaned em up and tossed on some clear.
image_zpsmkxs7931.jpeg

Kind of on a stand still for the good stuff. Have to get my bottle refilled on the welder, waiting for brackets and other stuff to show up. So next few days might just be spent stripping the jeep some more and clearing the front axle.

I like the covers, might go the same route on mine...What are you going to do with the front stock coil mounts? When you're cutting and putting new mounts on can you snap a good number of pictures for me?

I definitely recommend those guys for covers or anything else really. Their customer service is absolutely top notch.

As far as cutting things off I'll be following the "super" 60 guide on the jk forum.
(In quotes because even though not the true super 60 ten lug and everything the 350 60's are being called super 60's so a lot of information is in that name ).
But yeah I plan on snagging some shots since there doesn't seem to be a ton out there.

Got a lot of back channel chatter about the rig being too tall yada yada.
Wanted to show that I wasn't crazy, weight was just all on front. With front raised, the rear settled and is sitting where I want.
image_zpsg3gi1eev.jpeg

They still don't look like they will fit. You should lift it higher. Rusty's has a sweet 8" kit I think.

Back