• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project resurexj

Anyone have recommendations on variable speed fan controllers? I'm days away from the zj alternator bracket, compressor swap, e-fan swap and zj rear disk brake swap.

Saying you wheel a JK is like ordering Chinese takeout and calling yourself a chef.

I'll be taking that overhead console too lol I need to still take the a/c lines, proportioning valve, overhead console and BCM. If you wanna sell me a vehicle with donor tons under it for 50 bucks, I'll be there

Saying you wheel a JK is like ordering Chinese takeout and calling yourself a chef.

Last edited:
I bought a Ford 1 ton w the king pin d60 front. Gave guy $350 for it, kept axles, sold the 460 n trans n tcase n made 800, then sold axles later for 1300. That was a good flip. Oh, n scrapped the rest for like 80 haha!

UPDATE: i have my zj alternator bracket, zj compressor, e-fan, rear zj backing plates, calipers, and proportioning valve sitting on the shelf ready to be installed. i have a flex-a-lite variable speed fan controller coming from summit. i'm going to get an 8.25 lube locker (because i'm sick of silicone).

ANYONE KNOW WHAT I HAVE TO DO ABOUT MY A/C LINES OR UPPER RADIATOR HOSE?? these are the last 2 nuggets of info i need to roll with this project.

Uh oh look what santa brought!
c3e6f605775892cd3cb54de6fad94b87.jpg

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

In preparation for WF I have a small list going. I'm looking to put my frame stiffeners, 2 x 6 rockers and tires with a bonus 8.25 lunch box. the lunchbox is a maybe. but these red letters are trash and gots to go. that being said, i'm entertaining tire size options. i know 33's up from 31's would be the safer route. so much of me says ef it and throw 35's on stock gears. i'm a little nervous that the axles will fold like tacos. thoughts? maybe even stick with 31's? i'd rather not but what do you guys think?

Rob wheeled on 35s and stock gears til right before Moab. He did kill one front locker and R&P, plus a couple of front shafts. I wheeled on 33X10.5s on stock gears, and it wasn't too bad. Now, driving on the road youll definitely feel the difference. A front truss wouldnt be a bad idea if you go 35s though.

Back