• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project resurexj

Kego814

NAXJA Forum User
As some of you may be aware, my family got t boned and rolled in my last xj.

50c59a5284ff3d9efa343a867a783886.jpg

63a087c929f4401f3f3586389e54986d.jpg

35f7a4c0551ab3100ccacc149eea6d7d.jpg
2b1032c0caf530d186d022786558607b.jpg

So I'm starting over.

I'm going for a 6 inch short arm with drop brackets all over.

Parts I have; a definitive list.

Bastard pack
3 inch front coils
2 inch shackles
2 inch spacers (I'll figure out what I'm going to do about that extra inch later)
Np242

I'll worry about pretty later.

I'm doing spacers and shackles today so I'll post pics later

As I am preparing for my b
udget boost I had a little side project. I ordered greasable shackles but the came without fittings or bores. So I drilled and tapped some holes. (Bushings have grease veins)

The concept of revolvers makes sense until I think about the front leaf mount. Anyone make a pivot for the front?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

no, because that would be sketchy as hell.

a good leaf pack with a good shackle angle will be worlds better than any sort of articulating shackle.

at one point teraflex made Z boxes. get them both and then I'll wheel with you. I'll bring the camera. hahaha

really though that would be even more sketchy. The unloading would cause some intense butt hole pucker and possible a flop. they are also known for killing drive shafts

The concept of revolvers makes sense until I think about the front leaf mount. Anyone make a pivot for the front?

Forgot to update last Saturday, but the budget boost (less shocks) is on. Not going to worry about shocks for now because all my springs are a bit sagged out and until I rob the springs off my old one I'm not concerned. My primary concern is driveshaft length on with a 6 inch short arm with the 241j Hack n tap SYE. (Opinions on Hack n tap over true SYE not needed.I get it) lol

What's the plan to make it.....not....um....Pancaked? This is a genuine question. The Jeep looks pretty bent.

Or are you building a different one....

Hahaha no that's the old one. Pics of the new one are coming as soon as it's tolerable to be outside for more than a minute

So I've got my np242 in and I got to thinking about driveshaft options. Aw4, 242 and 6" lift. Could I modify a jk driveshaft to have a double cardan (we have a drive line shop a couple miles away) and use that slip shaft? I've searched and haven't really seen any info on the subject. Without getting in to a true SYE discussion. I understand it's way better and I'll deal with it down the line but I have a ton of parts occupying my tool box top and I want them off lol so for now just a HNT SYE

Last edited:
Back