• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Jericho Stroker build. "The Craigslist Homerun"

Nice! I feel your pain on the motor swap by yourself. I had the same scenario but with a 96 bronco lifted 7" on 37's. With the motor out the front end was about 6 feet off the ground, Haha. Had to ratchet strap the front end down to the axle just to get the motor to swing in on the cherry picker with only two links of chain (basically hooked straight to the arm)

I did use a bad ass trick my pops showed me though, I cut the heads off a couple bolts that fit the upper trans mount bolts, rounded them off and made a cut in them to fit a standard screwdriver. They were nice guides to just slide the big ol' 5.0 in place the first time. Had her driving in 6 hours by myself.

Kudos on all the work, man.

My title is engineering technician. But that is basically CNC programmer and trouble shooter for my department. I make medical devices on Swiss turns.

Thats awesome stuff. I never got into much milling and turning myself. I have a cnc mill that I built with my own control and whatnot, it certainly isn't a Haas or anything of that regime. Thats something i've kinda got on the backburner for when i get really bored. So much iinformation, tooling, toolpathing, oh man my brain is smoking already.

Nice! I feel your pain on the motor swap by yourself. I had the same scenario but with a 96 bronco lifted 7" on 37's. With the motor out the front end was about 6 feet off the ground, Haha. Had to ratchet strap the front end down to the axle just to get the motor to swing in on the cherry picker with only two links of chain (basically hooked straight to the arm)

I did use a bad ass trick my pops showed me though, I cut the heads off a couple bolts that fit the upper trans mount bolts, rounded them off and made a cut in them to fit a standard screwdriver. They were nice guides to just slide the big ol' 5.0 in place the first time. Had her driving in 6 hours by myself.

Kudos on all the work, man.

Hahah the ole fake stud trick is awesome. I've used it on SBC stuff in the past. Thank god this one only has a 3'' on it for now. The 4 liter is such a long engine, getting to all that junk in the back can be such a pain when you're only 5'10''. I gotta get around to posting the rest of the build details. It takes so long to write something interesting enough to read. lol Thanks, I'm certainly proud of it!

I've used that stud trick to line up steering boxes and bumper mounts, why the hell did I never think of using it on engines? :doh:

All you short guys Haha... it was nice when I made my stinger without the winch to do motor work, just stand on the bumper and sit on the bar... it was practically a lawn chairokee..... lol

I feel yah.. 5 inches of lift and being 5'9" makes doing anything in the rear of the engine bay "fun" but that is easily solved by standing on a 5 gallon bucket or sitting on the header panel like you did

You wouldn't believe how comfortable that is....not. I gotta get a tranny mount for this rig, i got some vibs at idle when in gear. Any recommendations?

IMG_20121021_1837111_zps8e434f67.jpg

Such a great pic, represents the joy of jeepin quite well.

Sorry for delay everyone. Holidays are crazy. I've also acquired another XJ. Its a 90 Renix thats been chopped. Stole it on craigslist for a cheap AR15 trade. Supposedly just needs a fuel pump, which seems right. If i add gas to the intake it runs fine. Never dealt with any RENIX stuff, so I'll be asking lots of questions. - Jeremy

jeep1_zpsdda33ef0.jpg

Supposedly just needs a fuel pump, which seems right. If i add gas to the intake it runs fine.

Don't buy a fuel pump until you have verified it is bad with the volt meter. My Bro-in-law's was having fuel trouble and new pump didn't fix it. Ended up being something else electrical upstream and the pump wasn't getting the right voltage. Was a common problem for a Renix, but I don't recall what it was...

Bypass the fuel pump ballast resister first, its a ceramic type thing bolted to the drivers side inner fender wall, one wire going in, one wire going out.

Beyond that, i check for visible cue's that its priming, if nothing i'll check the electrical connector while someone primes.

Do you have any pressure at the fuel rail? A simple depression of the shraeder valve on the fuel rail can answer that if you havent got a gauge. Watch your eyes.

yeh check voltage at the pump it should be 12v... if its like 8.6 or something rediculous start with the ceramic resister, then check the relay, then check the ignition. then get pissed and run a new relay off the fuse block and a new wire to the pump and call it a day

Back