• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project "girly" jeep

What the heck happened!?!?!?!?

the carrier let go where the dowel pin hold the cross pin, cross pin slid out and decided to commit axle parts genocide.......all at 70mph down I-40.

i found the head of the pinion gear in the hole

were finding our limits :D no worries though, already have a spare housing.

Last edited:
Made the decision to invest in a full case locker for it... The carrier was the weakest link, these axles are going in mine later this year, she's getting a 44/super 8.8 combo for it

She is a sweet girl.....unless you're a Jeep.......then you should be VERY AFRAID! ;)

Holy crap. I bet that sounded awesome.
ereme9y7.jpg

I had a very similar experience at around 60 mph. I was having to drive using 'front wheel drive' only. Apparently, the pinion bearings didn't care much for that added strain that they weren't used to.

Bearings melted, pinion cocked sideways and all of a sudden my front two 35's went from spinning 60 mph to not spinning at all. Needless to say, it's a very invigorating experience.

I had a very similar experience at around 60 mph. I was having to drive using 'front wheel drive' only. Apparently, the pinion bearings didn't care much for that added strain that they weren't used to.

Bearings melted, pinion cocked sideways and all of a sudden my front two 35's went from spinning 60 mph to not spinning at all. Needless to say, it's a very invigorating experience.

i lost a passenger tie rod end at speed once (70mph)

thatll put some color in cheeks for sure

Just went thru your whole build thread. Very nice work on it. Gave me some good ideas on the rockers.

a6umu8um.jpg

Drove it to the gas station to air it up so my air compressor wouldn't wake my baby nephew :D

It is out of alignment on a wicked level and it ha some major driveline vibes.... Probably from the front axle shafts floating with no diff or the now not so good pinion angle in the rear.....

So I figured I'd drive it work :D

Back