• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Project Geosynchronous Orbit

Looks awesome.

How about some sort of custom off-road bed ..... maybe something along these lines:

0604or_02_z%2B1989_toyota_truck_mikes_red_toy%2Bcustom_truck_bed.jpg

bedbar2.jpg

comanche064ae6.jpg

0620081937.jpg

Colin, I'm gunna pick up a new router bit sometime this week and plow out the H2 rims :thumbup:

Sweet! Thanks d00d :thumbup:

Sweet thread Colin. Glad you're going to keep a record of your progress. I think it will be worth it in the long run. It seems that my Thursday nights have involved me driving up to your area lately. If that trend continues I'll bring my camera each time.

Sounds good. Buffalo chicken pizza is calling us...

:D

Looks awesome.

How about some sort of custom off-road bed ..... maybe something along these lines

Thanks Jordan!

No plans on modifying the bed yet. I want to get this thing wheeling in a reasonable amount of time. If (when) the bed gets destroyed, I'll definitely end up going that route. I really like the first one you posted, though I'm pretty picky about the tube lines.

Sounds good. Buffalo chicken pizza is calling us...

No plans on modifying the bed yet. I want to get this thing wheeling in a reasonable amount of time. If (when) the bed gets destroyed, I'll definitely end up going that route. I really like the first one you posted, though I'm pretty picky about the tube lines.

oooo... despite the fact that i yacked after i ate my first one from town spa, i have successfully demolished 3 more since then. and it's been a few months since i've had one. what are you up to this thurs? i'm down.

i vote keep the bed stock-ish (dovetailed and bobbed = acceptable). toob & sheet metal is easier, but it will be impossible to keep the lines of the original bodywork. plus, doing that would be spending more time on something that won't make it go over rocks better.

i cant belive Bill of all peaple want Colin to rush a build of this caliber in a lil over a month, Colin do it right, do it once

:twak: STFU Rob!!!!!!

oooo... despite the fact that i yacked after i ate my first one from town spa, i have successfully demolished 3 more since then. and it's been a few months since i've had one. what are you up to this thurs? i'm down.

I'm sure I'll be around. I'll know better as the day approaches.

i vote keep the bed stock-ish (dovetailed and bobbed = acceptable). toob & sheet metal is easier, but it will be impossible to keep the lines of the original bodywork. plus, doing that would be spending more time on something that won't make it go over rocks better.

I probably won't even dovetail it. I'll keep it stockwidth and just bob it.

I want to run a tube down the top of the bedside, and perhaps extend the rockrail down to the rear wheelwell. We'll see what happens.

i cant belive Bill of all peaple want Colin to rush a build of this caliber in a lil over a month, Colin do it right, do it once

Don't worry, I work slow anyway :D

BORING! Got any pics of your dad's car instead?

Looking good so far Colin... I wouldn't worry about modding the top of the bed with tube though, its just gonna get dented up anyway... I predict the bed won't make it a whole year...:D:D

A.

Show the people of NAXJA why you have to build this outside and arent allow to do any real work in the garage....
18357_774383107972_9120626_43712946_182878_n.jpg

18357_774383117952_9120626_43712948_3625963_n.jpg

i've only seen it out of the garage once and was cameraless at the time

i've only seen it out of the garage once and was cameraless at the time

dude, come up to the bass pro cruise night thursday. howie's had it up there the last couple of shows. plus, theres other winged mopars there..... :eyes:

Thanks for the off-topic hijack guys :laugh:

Yeah he doesn't get to take it out much. Still holds 80 psi hot idle oil pressure after a 20+ year old engine rebuild.

No pics but got some fairlead spacers cut out today and beveled for welding (I don't have .500" plate so I'm welding two .250" tabs together).

Should get them finished up tomorrow night.

Saturday the crossmember get's tacked into place and the plan is to get the side mounts done.

Looking good so far Colin... I wouldn't worry about modding the top of the bed with tube though, its just gonna get dented up anyway... I predict the bed won't make it a whole year...:D:D

A.

:laugh: I think I'd be lucky to get it to last a year without armor!

thats a real nice bead, but whats the worst look like?

Back