• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

project "Bad Influence"

Mine sat a bit ass high...

DSCF3442.jpg

Andy, stop fueling the fire haha. You and I both know Mike has a point, in general, that sicky cali lean bullshit is for the bro's.

well back to this being a helpful thread lol

i thought the reason to run higher in the front is to help absorb the bumps better or is this a false statement?

just want to make sure i have it best set up for what money i do have to put into it lol

well back to this being a helpful thread lol

i thought the reason to run higher in the front is to help absorb the bumps better or is this a false statement?

just want to make sure i have it best set up for what money i do have to put into it lol
It's a way false statement, and a common misconception. MOST vehicles that do well have more travel in the rear than they do in the front FYI. You want to sit as level as possible.

It's a way false statement, and a common misconception. MOST vehicles that do well have more travel in the rear than they do in the front FYI. You want to sit as level as possible.

makes since to me. what would you say is an optimal ride height for being on 33" tires?

dont want to go anymore that 8" anything over that just seems ridiculous to me. but clearance in the front axle is key to me with the way the v8 is sitting in there. i know i can bump stop but dont want 2" before i hit them you know lol

makes since to me. what would you say is an optimal ride height for being on 33" tires?

dont want to go anymore that 8" anything over that just seems ridiculous to me. but clearance in the front axle is key to me with the way the v8 is sitting in there. i know i can bump stop but dont want 2" before i hit them you know lol
Most of us run Deavers, they're around 5-5.5 inches front and rear. That's a great spot to be for 33's, and depending on shock (10 or 12") you can have equal up/down travel with relocated lower mounts, or more down travel for crawling. Unless you wanna be like the cool kids and run Joel / Bilstein's custom built '11" of fury' 2.5" resi's. They're 11" travel shocks wrapped in a 10" package.

7153df28.jpg

i hate to admit it because i know you guys are gonna rag on me but i always liked the higher in the front look. but only on trucks like rangers and yotas with the suspension to back it up. i did see a xj that was done up and had the higher front end and it looked bad ass. but then again he did all kinds of shit to it and it had an ls1 in it. there i said it.

i hate to admit it because i know you guys are gonna rag on me but i always liked the higher in the front look. but only on trucks like rangers and yotas with the suspension to back it up. i did see a xj that was done up and had the higher front end and it looked bad ass. but then again he did all kinds of shit to it and it had an ls1 in it. there i said it.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I'm on my phone so it's not showing your location, but if you're in CA, you're going to have a very hard time getting it smogged and registered with a 71 302 in it. CA requires the engine to be same year or newer.

^^^^^ hahahahhahah. mike you better go clean your chin off bro.

i don't even know what that means. :dunno:

it's not that high anymore. I worked 10 hours a day for 30 days straight to get those coilovers in before goatfest and I literally finished the work 45 mins before it was time to leave, I didn't have time to get the springs set up right.

I worked 10 hours a day for 30 days straight to get those coilovers in before goatfest and I literally finished the work 45 mins before it was time to leave, I didn't have time to get the springs set up right.

This is ture i remerber.:D I think I made a trip out to LA to give you a hand one night :moon:

Back