• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

prices 4 nacfest

Hey thats fine Eagle but you can expect to take a vehicle off the pavement not get get a scratch or a dent cause that is a jeep thing!!

Get the mj fixed and you and I will run pebbeles and pick your poisin in it. I'll ride shout gun!!!

Eagle said:
Without possibility of damage would exclude I-80 through much of western PA. No, I mean that a stock-rated trail should be capable of being negotiated by a reasonably competent driver in a completely stock vehicle without incurring body or mechanical damage.
Good point about Rt 80 - especially during Deer Season ;) in NJ.

Anyhoo, consider that my driving skills are, in all probability, up to yours (which I assume is what you would consider "reasonable competent") - I've only been on 3 trail rides. It's also possible that had I not had the MOPAR TCase skid hanging down there, I wouldn't have banged as much. After all, that skid DOES hang down 3-4 inches from the undercarriage, from what I can tell by eyeball (of course, my statement that this was the one that was bainging is only a guess - I couldn't see it live). Add to that mix the fact that it was raining that day and things were probably slightly slicker than normal, and that'd probably do it.

In the same conditions, with the same rig, I'd almost wager that you would have not banged as much or even dented the rocker - you're more than likely better off-road than I.

Rob

P.S. Doggone it, each time I think about that run, I wish I had a list of trails we did and some pics of my rig negotiating things - the only pics of my rig that I have are when we were parked at various points that day. Got some nice head-on shots of STROKER negotiating Pt.1 of Sluice, tho. I also wonder how the video I shot of him and the other guys on "Drumstick" (or was it "Chicken Leg"?) came out...

Glad you all could stay on-topic here... $35 ish for the day?? thanks..
the event is still the weekend of june 13? right? Thats when I am planning on attending. Is there a central campground that we can all stay at? Or a couple of them to accomodate us all? I am going to try and come down on that thursday. Do I need to RSVP personally through PAP? or will the NAC reserve my space along with everyone else's? I've never attended before and am looking forward to it!

Lets All Get Along. :cheers:

Brian Carpenter said:
Glad you all could stay on-topic here... $35 ish for the day?? thanks..
the event is still the weekend of june 13? right? Thats when I am planning on attending. Is there a central campground that we can all stay at? Or a couple of them to accomodate us all? I am going to try and come down on that thursday. Do I need to RSVP personally through PAP? or will the NAC reserve my space along with everyone else's? I've never attended before and am looking forward to it!

Lets All Get Along. :cheers:

Brian:

Glad you're planning on coming. We're still working on getting a better, fixed price with PAP. Their current daily admission is $35 - we're hoping to come in $5-15 below that. NACfest registration (for event expenses, BBQ supplies, etc.) will be a flat $10, regardless of how many days you'll be there.

No need to contact PAP - we'll probably have a registration process for ourselves in the next month or so - just keep paying attention to the Forums.

The Official event will be from Friday - June 11 through Sunday June 13 - with trail leaders available each day for all levels of interest. But, there seems to be several folks planning on running Thursday, so head down early by all means - there will definitely be somebody around.

HQ will be Red Ridge Campground. We will have the group site reserved for NAXJA (as in the past), so there is no need to pre-register with them. Besides, they're not open yet and aren't answering the phone. Last year the camping fee was $10/person/night. Once again, stay tuned for better details on Red Ridge as we get closer.

One more thing - while it's fine to ask NACfest questions here on the NAC Forum, keep in mind that there is a specific NACFest Forum under special events on the main page. Not much is going on there right now, but as we get closer - that should be the best place for any issue regarding the event.

Later,

Mike in NJ :patriot:

Mike, sorry for the wrong forum thing... it didn't seem like anyone was posting on the events pages. :compwork:
I just got a little excited for Paragon.
-bc

If your talking about the eroded section on Valley Road in Paragon, there is a bypass to that just to the right of the trail. There is just one section of the bypass that is a little tight to manuever on, but it's more than enough room for an XJ to go through. I was at Paragon last week leading a Nissan Xterra group. With propper spotting I was able to get even the stock Xterra's over that eroded section.

Here's a link to a picture of the spot I believe you're talking about.

Valley Road

About 2 feet to the right of my Jeep is the bypass that is starting to form.

Rich

with regards to paragon.. they also aquired a bunch more land last year and from what the little birdies tell me some of it will be open by the time the season hits full swing. Might want to give them a call and see what they say.. could make for more variety of trails and perhaps a more pleasant wheeling experience for drivers in stock rigs or more unexperienced drivers.

Back