• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

power window loose

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
my driver side window is not working i think something is broken i is not holding it i opened the door panel and put a stick so it can stay close the motor is working and there is a spring moving but i think is someting whit the bracket holding the window can you tell me whats the name of it or how can i fix this

There is a steel cable inside of a guide or a metal tube with a slot pointed out.
The cable pushes a bracket up and down. The bracket is held to the window bottom by a special nut, this nut can come loose and fall off. You'll usually find the nut in the door bottom.
The cable can rust and break or the gear that drives the cable can chew the teeth off. The cable can also be eaten up a little, by the gear, this usually happens at the full down position.
There is a rubber extension at the bottom end of the metal guide tube, that can pop off and cause a kink in the cable.
A "S" shaped hook (made of thick wire), hooking the bottom of the window and then going over the inside window sill, is the best way to hold the window up temporarily.
If you have trouble, understanding this, PM me and I'll have my daughter translate for us (her Spanish is pretty good :laugh3: ).

Back