• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Please share photos of your cargo area.

I recently finished a storage/cargo box. There is one big drawer, a smaller top drawer and then a space under that for anything too long for the drawers or a two burner stove if need be. On the back side between the seat back and box is enough space to put spare axles.
I didnt make it full width b/c I wanted to store my 33" spare tire and put in a speaker box on the other side. I will probably put in a non-skid mat and eyelits for straps to hold anything down.
I am unable to show any pics. I guess I dont have access to that option.

I recently finished a storage/cargo box. There is one big drawer, a smaller top drawer and then a space under that for anything too long for the drawers or a two burner stove if need be. On the back side between the seat back and box is enough space to put spare axles.
I didnt make it full width b/c I wanted to store my 33" spare tire and put in a speaker box on the other side. I will probably put in a non-skid mat and eyelits for straps to hold anything down.
I am unable to show any pics. I guess I dont have access to that option.

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/fireghostxj/media/XJnewboxinstall-2_zps4bc983d9.jpg.html?filters[user]=140465370&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=1

http://s1078.photobucket.com/user/fireghostxj/media/XJnewboxinstall-1_zpsa0da16ac.jpg.html?filters[user]=140465370&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

XJnewboxinstall-2_zps4bc983d9.jpg.html

XJnewboxinstall-1_zpsa0da16ac.jpg.html

fixed your image tags....but check your links

What does that attach to on the roof?

It comes with hardware to attach to the front set of cargo tie downs, tie down rings that you put on the back seat latch bracket, and these knows that install in existing screw holes along the headliner trim. It came with all the hardware, longer screws and everything.

I've got a 2 seater station wagon... with a 37" spare in back and all tools / parts / supplies for Jeep and myself... main goal is not to get smacked in the head by something heavy if I play turtle.. Not pretty.. but it works..

Compressor is strapped down..

1ton132.jpg

Cover bolted to "X" brace on the inside..

1ton133.jpg

1ton134.jpg

eze6yquv.jpg

It's an old Russian Mosin Nagant Revolver crate. It can hold 3 spare axle shafts, spare drive shaft, 2 spare hubs and much more.

Somehow missed this thread and figured I should cross post the storage area from my build thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081640

I was/am really happy with how this turned out. It's hard to keep it nice yet functional at the same time!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

A few pictures of my storage area. Goals:

-Keep the back area organized
-Stash the high reach and other heavy stuff in case of accident
-Add multiple tie down points including extra spots for for child seats
-Maximize storage volume while keeping it low profile (ended up about 6" tall, basically what the high reach needed plus 1/2" extra margin)
-Make something tidy

Result:

7DSC_0886Custom.JPG

7DSC_0887Custom.JPG

7DSC_0888Custom.JPG

-Structure is all 3/4" plywood. Center spar is double thick so each cap has a good landing surface. Hardest part was keeping it all square since the seat back isn't all that straight. One side is actually a 1/4" longer than the other to avoid any gaps.
-It's wrapped in amplifier felt (almost like the factory carpet), needed 4 square yards.
-Tie downs are the Chevy pieces from the Tahoe's, Suburban's and even a variety of vans.
-Latches are an over center part from McMaster.
-A single piano hinge was sliced in two on one side of the hinge only to allow the two leaves to move independantly.
-All the day to day crap is on the left (cables, cb, ratchet straps etc).
-All the recovery gear is on the right (tire chocks, tackle, rock straps).
-Need to add so gas springs so these stay open will parked on an uphill but otherwise I'm stoked on it.

Joel

Somehow missed this thread and figured I should cross post the storage area from my build thread: http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081640

I was/am really happy with how this turned out. It's hard to keep it nice yet functional at the same time!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nice! I like that it's simple.

My only concern with a setup like this is that if I needed in the storage area I'd have to unload everything on top of it.

Stage 1- remove the back seat!

I made a storage/organizer box to take the place of the rear seat. Fabricated a hinge for the lid that bolts up where the rear seat back hinged. Covered it in interior carpet from O'Riley's.

Back