• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planning to Raptor Line the whole vehicle - looking for experiences and tips

anthrax323

NAXJA Forum User
So I made it out to Big Bend this past weekend, and while there managed to hit a calf...

calf_damage.jpg

Fortunately the damage was relatively superficial, and the weekend went ahead as planned (even did Black Gap in supremely muddy/wet conditions).

I just realized the picture is a bit misleading - the fender is more or less where it should be and the vehicle is 100% driveable (just ruptured the washer fluid reservoir and dinged the outside of the driver side framerail due to forces exerted on the bumper bracket). Replacement parts have totaled around $200 (fender, front panel, left headlight surround, turn signal lens, washer fluid reservoir/filler neck, and driver side fender brace/support), but I'd rather not have the new pieces painted black (as they'll look bizarre in comparison to the 184,000-mile black on the rest of the vehicle).

So, the next logical step would be to coat the whole damn car in bedliner.

My question is this: has anyone coated their entire XJ in Raptor Liner? If so, how has it held up? I'm planning a two-tone scheme (desert tan top, black bottom/flares/bumpers) and just want to make sure I'm not looking at having to redo it anytime in the next few years. LineX wants $1,800 to do the job (prep and all), but I'd rather not spend that much.

Thoughts?

Not a good Idea.. Raptor liner or most liners for that matter tend to hold salt in the pores (which leads to rot), so in any case I would do maybe the interior floor to sound deaden it alittle. Then again I dont know how much salt they use on the roads in texas but in the NE it can get pretty bad.

Back