• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1997 XJ Sport - Some assembly required

LessThanJoe

NAXJA Forum User
For sale - 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport

Has front driver damage, easily repairable. Was my daily driver until I was hit from a driver who thought he could turn right from the left lane. I was going to repair but found another XJ with engine damage that was easier.

Engine does not run. I swapped my running engine from this into my replacement XJ. Engine is believed to be head gasket problems, I did not even attempt to turn over or investigate. Engine that is included in sale has ~295000 miles on it. Transmission included in sale was involved in accident, which cracked bellhousing. I have replaced the bellhousing, but have not tested to see if any other damage had occured. 231 transfer case included.

Body and odometer have ~234000 miles. Interior is clean, but is missing the headliner. Has power sunroof, however previous owner caulked it closed. I was planning on replacing the seals and putting a new headliner but then the accident happened. Has rust and holes in rockers (as usual) under doors. Accident claimed the front driver quarter panel and front header panel. Underneath however, is barely damaged (washer fluid reservoir was undamaged), replacement panels can be bolted on. Small dent/paint missing on corner of hood. Missing driver front and rear fender flare. Slightly bent in near gas hatch from accident, hard to tell tho.

Front axle took the brunt of the accident, driver side control arms are collapsed. I'm including a used set of upper and lower control arms for driver and passenger. If I were fixing, I would replace driver side wheel bearing and ball joints. Rear leaf springs were replaced with stock XJ springs with less than 100k miles. Bolts are brand new and would come right out (no cutting for that new lift you're putting in). Radiator is new, came from donor XJ.

Some parts are removed and included in the back of the Jeep, but come with all bolts to reinstall unless stated after. This includes:

Gas tank
Intake and exhaust manifolds
Catalytic converter
Intake box
Electric fan
Headliner trim
Driveshafts
Transfer case
Stock shocks

Things that are missing and not included in sale are:

Gas tank straps
Alternator and starter
Muffler and tailpipe
Transmission mount

Also, wheels/tires were replaced with used rollers. The rear are fine for towing but front should be replaced. Wheels are also ugly. Sorry.

Tons more pictures available. Has clean NJ title. PM for more pictures and any questions. I am home most weekends to show. Would really prefer to sell whole, but if no interest, parts I guess.

- Joe

IMAG0474.jpg IMAG0500.jpg

Back