• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pick and pulls

Grifter144

NAXJA Forum User
i guess i should say hi,
the name is Karl and although i've only been around the forum for a short time i just became a member of naxja the other day so howdy, anyway i'm running a silver 4dr 2000(2wd) with 4.5 inches of lift 31s and a couple other minor accesories,

i currently live in Rochester MI and i got a question for all you metro detroit guys.
where are you all finding your pick and pull parts around here? i have a small junkyard kinda round the corner but haven't happened across anything else in the area. i am looking for a 97+ rear driveshaft for my XJ so i can complete my 4x4 conversion (i got all the other parts in the garage) so if anyone knows of a place or has one available i would take it/pay for it whatever. also when i have everything avilable, if you all are up for it i could use a hand getting the new tranny and t'case installed. I have a small garage(with a whole lota tools... and i am willing to spring for food and beer for all that wish to help with the install..or what not....anyway any info would be great thanx guys...
looking forward to meeting you all soon...

RLTW
Maier

I was downtown Detroit one time and saw what looked like a pick and pull complete with Pitbulls and all. Some lady was standing on the corner asking for admission or something but I wasn't too interested.

:roflmao:

hey flowers,
yea i'm lookin for a rear driveshaft for a 2000 xj,(been told that there is a length difference in the 96 prior ds and the 97+, not sure if this is accurate info but i would like to stay as correct as possible) i just picked up a new tranny from a wrecked 01 for $250 and a 231j from a 2000 for $250, i have a front ds, all i need to keep me on the road is the rear until i can afford a new sye and TW for the rear.

..where are you located? "the ham" means nothin to me so you might have to bring me up to speed on the meaning of that...

on that note however i am waiting on a call from a guy in my morning class who knows a local guy who just lifted his xj two weeks ago and already installed an sye and tw... apprently this kid has money and alot of it...damn wish i did too..

Thanks a bunch, let me know, and if this kid falls through i'll give you a holla...

Maier

if nothing pans out fer ya, there is a place on Metro Parkway and Mound, it's called American and Import Auto Parts, I know they have the shaft you need.

I deliver cars to them on a regular basis, so let me know if you need one and I can get a price for you.

dan

Fore Wheeler said:
if nothing pans out fer ya, there is a place on Metro Parkway and Mound, it's called American and Import Auto Parts, I know they have the shaft you need.

I deliver cars to them on a regular basis, so let me know if you need one and I can get a price for you.

dan

You know my side of town better than I do.

doesn't it always work out that way, someone shows you something in your back yard you never knew was there...

Fore wheeler, thanks a bunch i'll probably end up taking a drive over that way tomorrow just to check it out..thanks a bunch..

Maier

www.car-part.com

most of the yards on there will ship parts too

and you can do location based searches...

hey xj-ranger,
good site..wish i would have known that was there like a year ago...thanks a bunch man...
Maier

Grifter144 said:
hey xj-ranger,
good site..wish i would have known that was there like a year ago...thanks a bunch man...
Maier

thats how i found my axles... - drove my ass all the way to South Dakota to pick em up too... (bout 3.5hrs north of me)

Back