• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Phil's Rubicon Run report

Bryan C. said:
The good news is you got a picture of the drunk sami guy who wanted to kick opie's ass for talking smack. You can see him standing right behind opie. :)

good call BC...

whoda thunk that saying "Honk that sami horn" would make someone wanna tear my head off... :eyes:

sounds like 101 in rush hour.

I guess it was crowded, after all.

XJ_ranger said:
good call BC...

whoda thunk that saying "Honk that sami horn" would make someone wanna tear my head off... :eyes:
He was just looking for a fight . . . would have been fun, he was having a hard time standing up! I just said to him "WELL THANKS FOR COMMING BY!!!"

It was nice to meet you crawldaddy, I think now you understand what tools you need, what spairs to have and what your rig can and can't do.

Best quote from that Saturday night before you came over and introduced yourselfs "I think we are safe unless the drums stop!":scared:

Letterman said:
Best quote from that Saturday night before you came over and introduced yourselfs "I think we are safe unless the drums stop!":scared:

AAAHHHHAAa!

That's right, we're from the Headhunter Tribe. A buncha guys hunting for...

yea - drums and fire, yea, that's it :firedevil:

Great way to tell the story... quite entertaining.

Good to meet you and glad you guys finally got out.

And to think, I got mad at myself for tearing a brakeline and breaking a shock mount - I gotta whole different outlook now!

-justin

nickangus said:
thanx to phil for letter me rig along and for taking me home when my car wouldnt start

so i got back from this run and lost the memory cards for the camera
but found them tonight and posted the pics

camera battery was dieing so i think thats y some of the pics are blurry

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/xj_ch...=&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

What was under that bush/cave/nook thing where everyone was trying to move the boulder? Couldn't really see it.

basalt51 said:
What was under that bush/cave/nook thing where everyone was trying to move the boulder? Couldn't really see it.

so opie lost a bead at that spot phil was just in front of him so we hooked up a strap and phil went to pull pie out of that whole
as he starts up his rig that boulder fell out of the hill side leaving that nook/cave and ploped its self in the middle of the trail so we had to move it enought that it wouldnt be too much of an issue to others

we couldnt get it w/ our group and ended up calling together about 10 people to help us move it

we were really confused at y it fell out of the hill but it just did and luckly phil wasnt farther up the trail or it would have rolled into his rig

crazy bullpoo on the trail......

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryan C. said:
I didn't even notice that, fixed now.

Glad you had fun, and it was nice to meet your father too. Hopefully we didn't scare him off.
He had a whole lot of fun. He really enjoyed talking to you and Dave.

Thanks again guys for dealing with us:cool:

Starboard M said:
He had a whole lot of fun. He really enjoyed talking to you and Dave.

Thanks again guys for dealing with us:cool:
Your Dad was cool and dealing with you was part of the fun for me, it is not everyday you get to see someone cross the Rubicon for the Very first time. (and I think Bryan did most of the hard work anyway) Only 2 or 3 snags for the 3 day trip with a group of 10 rigs I think is VERY good.

Back