• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Parting Out: 2000 Cherokee (XJ) Sport (Grand Rapids, MI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1x1_Speed_Craig

NAXJA Forum User
NOTE: Posting in this thread or e-mailing me (craig.emenaker aT gmai1 d0+ c0m) is preferred over PMs...it's easier for me to keep track of requests via threaded e-mail conversations.

2000 Cherokee (XJ) Sport 4-door part-out in Grand Rapids, Michigan. 300ish-K miles. Vehicle was daily-driven until the engine started knocking. Previous owner pulled the trans/t-case thinking it was a flex plate bolt hitting something (this was not the case).

I bought the vehicle without the trans/t-case, primarily to keep the following items for my daughters' respective XJ builds. For those who don't read thoroughly :D, We're keeping these items:
  • OEM front/t-case/gas tank skid plates
  • ARB front bumper (not shown in pics)
  • Rear hatch
  • Header panel, grill & hood
Vehicle details:
  • 4.0L (no trans/t-case included...originally AW4/NP-231)
  • Professionally-installed keyless remote start w/key fob.
  • LP Dana 30/Dana 35 (3.55)...a buddy may be getting the axle shafts from these
  • 4 matching OEM aluminum wheels with Cooper Discoverer 30"x9.5" (two are newer, and two are fairly worn).
  • Mild lift coil springs (2-3"), but passenger rear AAL is broken.
  • Aftermarket track bar w/heim joint at frame end
  • Rock rails appear to be homemade. The supports to attach them to the unibody are rusty, at least on the passenger side. they probably aren't worth removing/keeping.
  • Dark gray interior (kind of dirty, and previous owner was a smoker, so it's musty smelling)
  • Pioneer 45Wx4 detachable-face CD player (NOT iPod-ready, from what I could tell)
  • We *MAY* sell or keep the front fenders, depending on what we're offered. Both are straight & clean. Passenger one looks beautiful. Driver one has just a very small amount of rust/bubbles in front of the wheel (above the bumper). Any offer less than $50 each will be disregarded; it's worth it to keep them for my daughters' XJs, if that's the case.
  • Driver door is shot at the bottom, but the other doors look pretty good. Driver rear door is stuck shut, but I'll get it opened up eventually.
  • I'm not interested in selling the rusty hitch, which looks rough anyway.
As with other part-outs I've done, I'm not looking to get rich on parts, but am simply trying to offset the build costs of my daughters' respective XJ builds (they're paying for 1/2 of these builds themselves). I will ignore stupid-low offers, so be reasonable. :D

If you're interested in checking them out, now-12-year-old Mira's XJ build can be found HERE. 9 1/2-year-old Maeve doesn't have a build thread yet, but there are a couple photos of her with her '99 2-door XJ HERE and HERE.

Thanks,
Craig

34990_4848618263237_1686265256_n.jpg

65326_4848619143259_2134227443_n.jpg

231190_4848620943304_635276255_n.jpg

603938_4848622383340_649093565_n.jpg

558872_4848622743349_1982590709_n.jpg

154300_4848623143359_1636762893_n.jpg

i may be interested in a few items if they are all in good condition

-left front wheel opening flare
-right rear wheel opening flare
-rear bumper bar
-right and left mirrors

just thinking right now, don't know if im plan on replacing or not. so if you have the time to gather some prices of those that would be cool

Radio have aux in?
Usb?

When I saw the title I thought you were a certain other gl4x4 member coming to peddle more crap.. Lol

battery tray and hold down bracket shipped to 50023?

$15 + actual shipping. Let me know if you're interested.

i may be interested in a few items if they are all in good condition

-left front wheel opening flare
-right rear wheel opening flare
-rear bumper bar
-right and left mirrors

just thinking right now, don't know if im plan on replacing or not. so if you have the time to gather some prices of those that would be cool

Electric mirrors work, and have the defrost option, BTW.

Do you need the steel center section of the bumper? Honestly, it's too much of a PITA to remove for what I'd get out of it.

I'd like to keep the front flares with the fenders, but am open to offers. Do you just need the plastic pieces (not the stamped sheet metal mounts)?

Radio have aux in?
Usb?

When I saw the title I thought you were a certain other gl4x4 member coming to peddle more crap.. Lol

No Aux In or USB, unfortunately...sorry.

Hey Craig, how much are you asking for the wheels?

Also need a good clock spring/steering wheel, don't need air bag.

I'm going to gr this Sunday and can swing in to pick up.

Let me know prices please.

Dan

If Dan doesn't get the clock spring I'd be interested if it's good.

Thanks,
Mark

Hey Craig, how much are you asking for the wheels?

Also need a good clock spring/steering wheel, don't need air bag.

I'm going to gr this Sunday and can swing in to pick up.

Let me know prices please.

Dan

Hi Dan. I hope all is well. I have a sale pending on the wheels/tires for $150, and several other inquiries about them. I'll keep you posted.

You're 2nd in line for the clock spring, but I have another I could potentially sell. I know they're stupid-expensive new, and honestly don't know what to ask for a used one. Throw me an offer, if you would.

BTW, I'm buying another 2-door XJ this week, which means some of the parts I have stashed/hoarded for the girls' XJs will probably be sold off. Shoot me a wish list via PM if there's anything you're looking for. I have stuff like a couple overhead consoles (with harnesses), one OEM keyless remote set-up, etc.).

I can transport to winterfest if there are larger parts sold and can wait till March.

Thanks for the offer...much appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks Mark...3rd in line (update to come).

Thanks,
Craig

Overhead console.

just calling dibs.

From the same one that the dash pad come from? The luxury jeep NEEDS that temp/compass display

might be interested in your key fobs if they'll work with the luxury jeep too.

Electric mirrors work, and have the defrost option, BTW.

Do you need the steel center section of the bumper? Honestly, it's too much of a PITA to remove for what I'd get out of it.

I'd like to keep the front flares with the fenders, but am open to offers. Do you just need the plastic pieces (not the stamped sheet metal mounts)?

OK never mind then. i forgot to mention i was looking for manual mirrors, and i under stand on the bumper deal.

new AM molding are not very expensive so my offer would be lower than wroth it.

thanks anyways.

would that 2 door be 95-? i am keeping a light eye out for some doors for my 86

I do need a steering wheel to Craig, I can exchange my old crappy 1 if needed

I'll take a look and see what I have, Dan. Do you need the air bag & controls, as well?

when you get with him on that, I respectfully request that you bring an overhead console down to me in January

Dan (Fore Wheeler) - Please confirm that you could help out with this...much appreciated.

OK never mind then. i forgot to mention i was looking for manual mirrors, and i under stand on the bumper deal.

new AM molding are not very expensive so my offer would be lower than wroth it.

thanks anyways.

would that 2 door be 95-? i am keeping a light eye out for some doors for my 86

Fair enough. The 2-door is a '97, but we're keeping that vehicle. We'll be selling off more parts from a later-model 4-door. Bummer...I sold some rust-free '96-down 2-door doors a few months ago. Nice find in the Midwest!

Thanks,
Mark

Dan found a clock spring, so this one is up for grabs, Mark. Make me a fair-priced offer that makes it worth pulling from the column.

To anyone else interested in parts...

• [*]Since I can't edit my original post, I'm maintaining parts availability/status on THIS CRAIGSLIST POSTING. Check there first to see if something is sold or still available.
    [*]I went ahead and listed the hood, fenders & rear hatch available for sale, as well.

Thanks,
Craig

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back