• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Panhard Kits from Ruffstuff!

Just recieved my kit, really happy with how stout the kit is, but.... This is my first experience with heims or any type of rod end for that matter. My question is, there is some slop between the heim and the misalignment spacers, this seems like something that would be undesirable, is this normal or is something wrong?

there shouldn't be any slop. I have never had a rod end with misalignment spacers that went in easy, they were always a really tight fit.

are you sure you have the right size misalignment spacers? you could be putting a 9/16" OD spacer into a 3/4" hole etc etc...

there shouldn't be any slop. I have never had a rod end with misalignment spacers that went in easy, they were always a really tight fit.

are you sure you have the right size misalignment spacers? you could be putting a 9/16" OD spacer into a 3/4" hole etc etc...

It's not that big of a difference, ie a 9/16" spacer in 3/4" hole, if I were to measure it I'd estimate it to be between .005"-.010" of play..... I would have expected as you stated to be a precision fit, semi difficult to fit completely into the heim, but these just fall into the heim.

Note: The spacers were supplied in the kit along with the heims

Last edited:
It's not that big of a difference, ie a 9/16" spacer in 3/4" hole, if I were to measure it I'd estimate it to be between .005"-.010" of play..... I would have expected as you stated to be a precision fit, semi difficult to fit completely into the heim, but these just fall into the heim.

Note: The spacers were supplied in the kit along with the heims

none of mine were ever "press fit" dan will have to chime in on whether or not that is within mfg tolerance, but I bet you will be fine. torque spec on those bolts is pretty ridiculous.

Problem solved, called in and explained my issue, they're sending me 4 new spacers and supplying a return label for the others :cheers:

btw I measured the play in them today and had from .005"-.007" play depending on the spacer.

That's what you get from ruff stuff. Quality and customer service. All the parts going on my jeep will be from ruffstuff just because of this.

That's what you get from ruff stuff. Quality and customer service. All the parts going on my jeep will be from ruffstuff just because of this.
Sorry I missed all this, I just got back from KOH last night and I was there for 12 days...And I am glad to hear the guys here in the shop took care of you!

I haven't gotten mine either and I ordered on the 16th. Luckily I've had plenty of other projects going on but hopefully it's here by the 12th and I'll be happy.

Back