• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

paintjob ideas

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
My 99 XJ got hit a couple weeks ago. I've fixed it since but now need to do a paint job. Nothing with rattle cans, I've got access to a paint booth. I want to do something different . The jeep was originally black which I like but id like to go with something different since I'm going through all the work to paint it.

Oi wanted to do a silver and black two tone. But there isn't. A decent cutoff line for the colors.

So I'm looking for ideas...

are you kidding? cherokees have great cut off lines. never been a big fan of black and silver though, but many dig it. i would like to see a few blues then silver, but thats just me.

Poser.jpg

This was what I did. The small section between the top and bottom is red. I really want to go with red retroreflective tape but haven't found it wide enough.

looks nice old_man. i like the shade of blue. goes well with the silver and red line. i was thinking of doing something similar but with orange, then white in the center, and orange again at the bottom. i have a wagoneer with the wood grain and trim pieces. if i do the two tone i may polish the trim pieces and keep all the chrome around the windows. not sure why, but it may look good for a short while atleast.

I love unique paint jobs on Cherokee's....
What did you end up doing to that 99?

26145_703522533425_3108293_n.jpg

The big defined upper "body line" on XJs is perfect for two-tone IMO. Here's an 88 I had with a factory two-tone. I loved the color on this Jeep, but I only bought it for the interior for my 87 that I also sold.. This is after it was beaten to death while it was parked at my uncle's..

img0195kp.jpg

Back