• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

P0432 - Guess it's time to replace the mini cats..

ChuckQue

NAXJA Forum User
So, CEL came on. Had it read, and ended up with the P0432 code. Now, do you guys think I should just go buy the cats and put them on? Has anyone put these on themselves? Is it something someone with very basic repair skills could attempt? I'm willing to bust knuckles and get dirty.

Or, should I replace the O2 sensor first to see if that's the issue? I've read the sensors start going after 150k-ish, and I just passed 120k miles. I am getting pretty terrible mileage, but I chalked that up to the 32" BFG MT's.

I read through the majority of the threads that came up when I searched for the code number. They are helpful, and I see there is a multitude of things that can cause this code, so my primary question is if it's a DIY job I can attempt. Thanks fellas!

Also, anyone ever ordered from these guys?

https://www.catalyticconvertersonli...ct-fit-replacement-catalytic-converter-108056

It's not a bad idea to check the O2 but the problem is almost always the minicats. My cel came on at 100,000 and burned out at 260,000. unless you are in an emissions testing area that requires no codes to pass, or have drivability problems you may want to take your time on the repair.

He's in california. Any cel will cause you to fail smog. No matter the cause. Nowa days they plug their machines into the obd port while testing.

It's a 2001, and yeah, I'm in good old California (ugh). The vast majority of smog places won't pass you if you have a CEL on (I'm unaware of one that will). I'll get a voltmeter to test the sensors, but yeah I agree it's a small hope!

Back