• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ordering a CSF radiator

The aluminum 2 row will transfer more heat then the 3 row copper
It really depends. Some of the more expensive aluminum radiators use much wider tubes and have more surface area which can be more efficient. The cheap 2 row aluminum radiators with plastic tanks do not have this. I'm pretty sure there was a very long thread covering this. If you need something rugged and easy to repair at home the CSF 3 row is a good option.

It really depends. Some of the more expensive aluminum radiators use much wider tubes and have more surface area which can be more efficient. The cheap 2 row aluminum radiators with plastic tanks do not have this. I'm pretty sure there was a very long thread covering this. If you need something rugged and easy to repair at home the CSF 3 row is a good option.

Did not know that. Thought they were all aluminum.

http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_0211_aluminum_or_copper_radiator_for_your_car/index.html

I only had to keep the low speed Taurus fan running this summer with the AC on, with only one day with it on high because it was 100+ out and we were in running around town all day using the 3 row, 75/25 water/coolant, and a vented hood.

I went through the same BS with Auto Parts Warehouse a couple of months back when I bought one for my open system. I think I even did the online chat thing with the same place you mentioned. Man was I pissed when my water pump showed up from APW before they even bothered to tell me that they didn't have the radiator in stock! I think a lot of these places show it as in stock because they just have them drop shipped and don't bother to verify with the vendor whether or not they actually have them. I ended up calling CSF to see if APW was giving me the run-around and it turns out they were out of stock and didn't know when the next batch would be going into production. Sounds like they still haven't made another production run.

I called everyone local and scoured the internet to find one with no luck. I ended up ordering one from DPG. A couple of days later someone from a random online discount radiator place I had called finally called me back and told me he managed to find a warehouse somewhere back east that had 12 in stock. If I recall, his price was about $180 and he offered free shipping, but my order had already shipped and I like the idea that Dirk will be there to offer customer service down the road should I end up needing it. Interestingly enough, the shipping label on my radiator indicated that it had been drop shipped from a discount radiator warehouse as well... Sorry I don't have the shipping label anymore nor do I remember the name of the place that called me back with a quote.

Aside from heat transfer considerations, I recommend copper/brass radiators on trail rigs because all you need is a $10 plumbing torch, a flux brush, a pocket knife, steel wire brush, and plumbing solder+flux to do an emergency repair if you poke a hole in yours while wheeling. Can't solder aluminum.
X2 on repairing them ask me how i know lol

but as for the rad i had a monster alum single core wasn't happy with the performance so i bought the CSF 3core works great will recommend anytime and Dirk at DPG is an awesome dude to deal with

Will most likely be replacing my leaky radiator by spring time with DPG's CSF 3 core...I noticed he has a note that says it's thicker, but I will also be converting to FF dynamics fan kit, so I should be ok right?

I had no trouble with a CSF 3 core and electric fans. BUT, I did replace the studs in the pulley with buttonhead bolts to get a little more clearance, even if I didn't necessarily need it.

Back